Women who have affairs...are they DUMB to think he will leave his wife?

by Witness 007 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

McDucky, I LOVE Madea! She cheers me up.

Although before he left for good, there would be a tete a tete with his testicles and a cheese grater.

That's kind of harsh.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Woman and Men have affairs....it takes two.

I think people do it for many reasons, but mostly it can be based on needs not being met, and egos being stroked. Sometimes it can be love.

I say that about love, because I have several people I know who ended up divorcing spouses and marrying the man or woman they were involved with when one or both of them were legally married. Most of these marriages are surprisingly happy, and going strong....dare I say something cliche' and harsh as "soulmate" - esque??? So every situation is different.

I knew a repeat offender in the congregation I was in, this man banged just about every vulnerable woman out there. So much hurt. He and his wife are still together. So in that case, your scenario is correct.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It's often the case where one does not think logically when they are emotianally involved in the situation. Where someone on the outside looking in, can see the situation is a bad idea all around.

I know I've found myself in situations where if I was my best friend,I'd tell myself to knock it off. But,sometimes,it's easier said than done, and we have to learn a life lesson the hard way.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Just because you are married and sleeping with someone else, does not mean the person is dumb and thinking the marriage will end for them. I know of, and would have no problem with a friend with benefits who simply wants sex with someone they find and you find attractive. While also realizing the whole time, this is not for a relationship, this is for sex.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sometimes, free, there is both a relationship and sex, but the woman doesn't expect the man to leave his wife.

• caliber
    caliber

"Sometimes, free, there is both a relationship and sex, but the woman doesn't expect the man to leave his wife."

FHN your idea does not seem to jiv with your thought about polygamy...where the women I assume you to believe , is emotionally short changed !

Polygamy (from πολ?ς γ?μος polysgamos, translated literally in Late Greek as "often married") [ 1 ] is a marriage which includes more than two partners

your" tongue in cheek "comments on polygamy threads would seem to indicate your opposition to such !!

Do you believe personally that sharing a man would be a good idea ?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I just don't know why anyone would want to marry a known adulterer. Never made sence to me.

I know there are many reasons people have affairs, and you can't judge any unless you have been in their shoes, but I personally never understood the marrrying them after.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"I just don't know why anyone would want to marry a known adulterer. Never made sence to me."

From what I've seen and heard folks get wrapped up in the belief that they are better than the spouse that is being cheated on based on what the cheater has told them and for some reason also believe the the cheater would never cheat on them. Which to me is equal part arrogance and stupidity.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Do you believe personally that sharing a man would be a good idea ?

I personally believe that in some cases it would not and I also believe that we can't make a statement covering every situation, now can we? So in some situations maybe that will work for people.

I don't agree that being forced or coerced by culture into a polygamous marriage, is comparable to a woman making the choice to remain in a long term relationship with a married man. The situations are very different. And both kinds of relationships can have differing variables that makes comparisons inadequate or even null at times. I can't make a blanket, black and white statement either way about polygamy or long term affairs.

I want to remind you that my problem with polygamy is that usually the husbands and cultures they live with, demand that the husband have multiple wives, yet also demand the women be faithful to him. I have a big problem with the "man can have more than one wife but the wives can only have him" arrangements.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

FHN

Did you know that polyandry is also practiced by some? Wife--2 husbands. It's not always a bad arrangement---around the world polygamy can actually give women a great deal of power. When they were first studied, it was with the view that polygamy was always destructive. Since that time, researchers now look at it differently and more neutrally assess the situation.

I was reading about a group where poygany was the norm. And every night, husbands would call out younger men that they suspected of having sex with their wives. It's kind of funny. He'd call him out, they'd argue and carry on, but in the end everyone would know that something probably happened, and beyond some public guffawing, nobody really cared. It was expected and accepted. Nobody really bats an eye when these women step out--it's all show. I'm just presenting some other scenarios.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit