Women who have affairs...are they DUMB to think he will leave his wife?

by Witness 007 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

If I was caught up in a situation like that, I'd be a sho nuff hussy

what you would call a " fair weather " woman. I'd spend that fools

money, and let the good times roll, when he start getting on my nerve

I would show him right quick, that I won't the one who promised

for better or worse, I would let him know he got his eyes crossed

go home !!!!

• erbie
    erbie

Well folks, my wife was unfaithful but I can't make her leave cos I want the kids and it's brought misery, misery, misery. I felt like I'd had my stomach ripped out. I don't believe in anything anymore. Love, marriage, happy ever after, all a delusion. There is only unhappiness for me. There you have it. But if it works for you then I'm happy for you. As for me; miserable bloody existence! Bugger! I can't believe how good it gets and I remember being taught the value of love and the sanctity of marriage. In the real world everybody is fair game, even your wife, so look out.

I won't insist that everything I say is right but it's the way I see things which is distorted and twisted beyond recognition. And I used to be such a hopeful.

Bad times.

• erbie
    erbie

It's funny really, I recently got back in contact with a lapsed sister who I've known since childhood but had not seen for some time. I always thought the world of her and just recently I've realised just how much I've always loved her. She is also married but the time I have spent with her (nothing sexual or improper) has made me realise how good things could be. I shouldn't covet another mans wife (aparently) but if I had the chance then I would give everything I have to be with her. I know she's not completely happy where she is and I just know that she's the one that occupies that special place in my heart and anything short of her won't do. At least that is how I feel. Spending just a little time with her has changed everything. Surely the gods won't deny me just a little happiness.

Yes I know I'm contradicting myself and I know that my situation has driven me a little bit mad. Just a little.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

erbie - I don't think you contradicted yourself. You just said you have the strength to keep it in your pants. It's all about timing and sometimes the "one" just couldn't time it right.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yes I know I'm contradicting myself and I know that my situation has driven me a little bit mad. Just a little.

Thank you for your honesty. You are really stating what this thread is showing, life usually is not made of cut and dry, black and white circumstances. If anything, what you are going through should help you understand your wife's adultery.

• caliber
    caliber

But if it works for you then I'm happy for you. As for me; miserable bloody existence ! Bugger! I can't believe how good it gets and I remember being taught the value of love and the sanctity of marriage. In the real world everybody is fair game, even your wife, so look out.

I won't insist that everything I say is right but it's the way I see things which is distorted and twisted beyond recognition . And I used to be such a hopeful.

I feel deep empathy for you Erbie You were honest and were able to express these feelings on paper !

How about the writer of this thread though, how many want to recognize his pain because of the offensive rather than defensive approach

he has taken ? If we are to look past adultery to see the trapped and unloved feeling that marriage mates may feel

should it not be possible to look past his feelings of anger and grant him the right to feel rejection , hurt and pain ? Just because love and affection

appear as postive emotions and anger as negative, does this make his feelings any less valid ? I believe he is crying out for some sort of

validation. Understanding is a two way street or at least it should be . But you may say" he's not doing it the right way..".. did you do things the

right way ? Did you make allowance for you own hurt & unloved feelings , wishing for validation and acceptance for your actions ?

facts..

dumpers feel guilt ... they wish for validation and to shed the guilt not be reminded of it. (don't talk about it )

dumpee's feel rejection ...which either is suppressed leading into depression or vented in anger ( a need to talk about it )

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I am surprised that he can afford a 40.00 room. I'm sure things will go up from here, unless you end up in the back seat...cheaper yet! Can you imagine how much his kids will love you when the marriage ends?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit