Jesus Christ was INVENTED?

by sizemik 102 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sizemik
    sizemik

A F/B friend just posted this link . . . which makes some interesting claims . . . so I thought I'd share.

Some here at JWN have an extensive knowledge of early Christianity . . . much more than I.

What's your take on this? . . . especially the reliability of Eusebius?

http://acurseonalltheirhouses.net/2011/11/11/how-christianity-was-invented/

Here's a quote from the article . . .

There were 16 mythical crucifixions before Christ. The belief in the crucifixion of Gods was prevalent in various oriental or heathen countries long prior to the reported crucifixion of Christ. Of the 16 crucifixions, most were born of a virgin and about half of them on December 25th.

• tec
    tec

From the quote at the end of your post, Size... my guess is that this is another 'copycat' Christ person... like Zeitgeist. Most all of those claims are unfounded though. I did a couple threads addressing it a while back. More than that, so has Leo.

I don't think any of those that they claim to having been born of a virgin, actually were born of a virgin, other than Christ. Christ wasn't born on Dec. 25th, so that is a moot point right off the bat. And I don't believe that any of them were crucified.

I'll go look at the link now, to see if that's what this is. Should have done that first, sorry.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Yes, I guess that IS what it was, since copycat was in the first sentence :)

I looked up the claims themselves after reading Zeitgeist. I also found this guy who had done the same, and since he IS biased (as a believer), he quotes his sources for his information at the bottom of his analysis. He goes through every other 'god' out there.

http://www.kingdavid8.com/Copycat/Home.html

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

As for Eusibius and the other guys... I don't know anything about them, so I can't comment. I would leave something like that to PSac, who has looked into it.

Peace,

tammy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A dying and rising god is a common myth, running through cultures before Christianity. I believe virginity is also part of the common story. Joseph Campbell wrote of it. A prof. said that only Christianity teaches that the myth actually happened. It was a while ago so I am tad confused. Karen Armstrong's book on God--prob. all her books are about God--traced the Axial religions and found common themes within a certain time period and prob. with economic advancements in human civlization.

I don't know I was not present. Something tells me if I were an eyewitness that I would still not quite know what happened. I believe through faith, not scientific evidence. Also, tho, I cannot believe that God would limit his saving grace only to Europeans and their descendents. I see one thing in scripture that strikes me deeply. The gospels portray the apostles as thick, slow, ready to ditch Jesus. Not a bright bunch. Acts develops the story of Pentecost and suddenly, all these lackluster men become apostles and super achievers. I've read that tradition states that certain apostles went to different geographical areas. The Bible seems written for people who already believe. I wish there were even more accounts. Something had to happen.

• clarity
    clarity

"In a remarkable aside, the Church further admits that,

"the earliest of the extant manuscripts [of the New Testament], it is true, do not date back beyond the middle of the fourth century AD"

(Catholic Encyclopedia, op. cit., pp. 656-7).

That is some 350 years after the time the Church claims that a Jesus Christ walked the sands of Palestine, and here the true story of Christian origins slips into one of the biggest black holes in history. There is, however, a reason why there were no New Testaments until the fourth century: they were not written until then, and here we find evidence of the greatest misrepresentation of all time."

• clarity
    clarity

Click on - "The Forged Origins"

"As yet, no God had been selected by the council, and so they balloted in order to determine that matter... For one year and five months the balloting lasted..."

(God's Book of Eskra, Prof. S. L. MacGuire's translation, Salisbury, 1922, chapter xlviii, paragraphs 36, 41).

At the end of that time, Constantine returned to the gathering to discover that the presbyters had not agreed on a new deity but had balloted down to a shortlist of five prospects:

1. Caesar

2. Krishna

3. Mithra

4. Horus

5. Zeus

(Historia Ecclesiastica, Eusebius, c. 325).

Constantine was the ruling spirit at Nicaea and he ultimately decided upon a new god for them. To involve British factions, he ruled that the name of the great Druid god, Hesus, be joined with the Eastern Savior-god, Krishna (Krishna is Sanskrit for Christ), and thus Hesus Krishna would be the official name of the new Roman god.

A vote was taken and it was with a majority show of hands (161 votes to 157) that both divinities became one God. Following longstanding heathen custom, Constantine used the official gathering and the Roman apotheosis decree to legally deify two deities as one, and did so by democratic consent. A new god was proclaimed and "officially" ratified by Constantine (Acta Concilii Nicaeni, 1618). That purely political act of deification effectively and legally placed Hesus and Krishna among the Roman gods as one individual composite.

That abstraction lent Earthly existence to amalgamated doctrines for the Empire's new religion; and because there was no letter "J" in alphabets until around the ninth century, the name subsequently evolved into "Jesus Christ".

>

Thanks for posting that link Size ....... don't know quite what to say

maybe ...................holy sh17 !

clarity

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

There is also a lot of evidence that ties the story of Jesus to the Astrological calendar too!

This is a good article, but it is long: http://www.holyblasphemy.net/jesus-zodiac/christmyththeory

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

In the 1940's, some gnostic scrolls were found in Egypt. They are dated from around A.D. 350-400. Irenaeus, the orthodox Bishop of Lyons, refers to other gospels written by heretics. Irenaeus wrote his work around A.D. 180. He could not have refered to 'other' gospels if there were no original gospels existing at that time.

Check out: gnosis.org for more info. It is very interesting.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I am by no means on expert on anything but what I had for lunch, but I find the whole Constantine-inventing-Christ hard to swallow. What about the writings of the Church Fathers from the 2nd century?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit