COC in public libraries

by diamondiiz 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Theft from the libraries of C of C is VERY common. All for Jehovah.

Randy

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

If they have the truth,why are they scared of the contents of a book?

Bangalore

• Bella15
    Bella15

Are JWs even allowed to go to public libraries?

• out4good3
    out4good3

It was from the library that I first came into contact with this book. And, even the, I was looking over my shoulder as I was checking it out thinking that the big bad sock puppet god jehovah would strike me down with a lightening bolt just for thinking about looking at and reading it.

Read it from cover to cover during my down time at work.

Confirmed my suspicions that the WT organization is one big multi-level pyramid scheme in religious garb.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I guess stealing copies of 'apostate' books is considered Theocratic Warfare and totally legal in J-dub-land.

I was wondering if this had ever been substantiated. I've heard it repeated many times but I don't think I've heard of anyone with direct knowledge of it happening. Yet.

What I've also done is insert flyers explaining the facts about the cult...into their own books in the library. I didn't deface it or steal it (as they allegedly stoop to do), I just added some educational information.

On a related note, I periodically post reviews of jw books on bookseller websites.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Stealing is a relative term. My local library said it had been checked out and never returned. Nevertheless, it was unavailable at other local libraries as well, but they didn't give me a reason why. The librarian thought it was very peculiar.

Thankfully the library had an exchange program, and they ordered it from a Baptist university library. It was an older edition, so i bit the bullet and bought the current edition online.

I think most JWs would not have a problem throwing the book away or checking it out and claiming they lost it (and paying the fine).

• RAYZORBLADE
  • sizemik
    sizemik

When I became aware of the book I checked out the local library and it had two copies . . .

Anyone who borrows a book from a public library with the intent of not returning it is a thief . . . nothing less.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I just did a library search in the three largest counties in my metropolitan area--no copies of Crisis of Consience or In Search of Christian Freedom. However, Saturday, when I visited the library, I found two copies of the Proclaimers book. Under other circumstances, I might donate my hard copies to the library, but I don't dare. This is highly suspicious! Therefore, I will only lend them out to people I know and trust.

• finally awake
    finally awake

There is only one copy of CoC in the interlibrary system covering all of Southern Illinois. If I remember correctly, it's located at a community college library in Belleville, IL. When I checked it out, there was a slip from a previous patron in it - someone from Mt. Vernon IL had borrowed it. I left my slip in the book too, complete with my full name and town. Suck on that WTBTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit