COC in public libraries

by diamondiiz 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I donated my copy to the local library. Now I just found out that there is an active JW working at the library. I hope that he runs into the book.

elder-schmelder

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

can someone donate a copy to a library near me :)

• JRK
    JRK

In my area, There is a Nazi JW who surreptitiously steals copies of CoC from local libraries. I hope this person gets caught some day, as it would bring reproach upon Jehovah's name the JW's.

JK

• steve2
    steve2
    In my area, There is a Nazi JW who surreptitiously steals copies of CoC from local libraries.

Hmmmm. An interestingly descriptive allegation. Is this an evidence-based fact or a deduction and/or suspicion on your part? Any director of a library would be most interested if patrons have evidence that others are stealing books.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

In my area, we have several libraries, and not one has a copy. I've checked in the library catalogue.

Please, do your area a favor and donate your copy if you don't use it. You don't know how much help it would be.

• sherah
    sherah

My county library has non-circulating copy of COC, this is how I initially came in contact with the book. If you're local library has an inter-library loan program, COC and ISOF can be read that way. Many libraries have a strict privacy; I felt safe using the system. I reserved them online, used the self check out and returned them to the book drop.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've donated a number of counter-cult books to libraries. I've even just had them mailed directly from the amazon.com sellers so my identity is anonymous.

I've decided to only donate very inexpensive used copies though b/c jws and others tend to steal them (so I've heard).

• juni
    juni

That's a good question. I'm going to check that out. We have what they call LinkCat. Your sources for getting materials come from different libraries in south/central Wisconsin. I'm curious if there are copies of COC considering all of the libraries involved.

• juni
    juni

Out of 53 libraries in south/central area: COC is listed, but no copies. hmmmm....

• new2jwn
    new2jwn

I guess stealing copies of 'apostate' books is considered Theocratic Warfare and totally legal in J-dub-land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit