Important to put in your letter of DA

by Roberta804 62 Replies latest members private

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Roberta, when you DA'ed yourself which country were you living in? Since laws are different in each country/state/province, I am curious if this type of letter would work in the USA.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

FatFreek,

No, No and No as you will not have any standing. What gave me standing was the abuse of my son and defamation of my character. But I do think that our elders here/and/or/the borg as well did not want to take any chances and decided to avoid any problems with us by not mentioning us.

• moshe
    moshe
    One other point...after an attorney letter has been sent, never, never accept a visit or phone call from the elders or anyone sent by them. Defer them to your attorney, keep them in your court and make them measure up to human beings.

Excellent letter for a person who wants to make a clean break from the KH- However, many fader JWs who leave by the KH back door, want their friends and family to still talk to them like nothing has happened. They can't write a letter like this or use a lawyer to fend off the unwanted elder's visits.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Excellent letter for a person who wants to make a clean break from the KH- However, many fader JWs who leave by the KH back door, want their friends and family to still talk to them like nothing has happened. They can't write a letter like this or use a lawyer to fend off the unwanted elder's visits.

If you are never announced as DF or DA and no one is talking about you having done anything wrong, then friends and family would not shun you.

I think it is a pretty great thing to hear that this worked. It didn't stop the rummor mill completely, but most of the way. And the rummor mill was sued! I never realized this could be done.

This is important. Everyone in the fadding EX-JW community and those of the 'conscience class' should know about this.

• moshe
    moshe
    If you are never announced as DF or DA and no one is talking about you having done anything wrong, then friends and family would not shun you.

You will still have to lie to friends and family as to why you have stopped going to meetings and out in FS.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    You will still have to lie to friends and family as to why you have stopped going to meetings and out in FS.

Yeah, but so does any fader trying to keep contact with friends and family, right?

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

You most certainly would not want to use this letter if you are planning to TRY to fade away. My letter was decisive. And oh I live in USA

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I guess I was thinking if you were trying to fade...but then something went wrong. A letter like this could minimize the fallout. Yes?

• serendipity
    serendipity

marking for reference

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

marking for my DA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit