"It's Ok to Lie"

by Azazel 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

I have a question for Azazel (original poster)

If I read your post correctly you are "sitting in the back row" at the KH? If you are already DF'd why in the world would you still be going to the hall?

If you are on this board you are obviously aware that they organizaiton is guilty of false prophecy, hypocrisy, false doctrine, misleading quotes, lying, etc. etc.

Just wondering.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Is it ok to tell a lie? (silence) Well yes and no!

Lie . The opposite of truth. Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person.

What the Watchtower is saying is it's a gray area. You must decide for yourself if telling the truth is appropriate.

The correct way to handle it would have been to say that if something disclosed will bring harm to a fellow believer don't say anything.

But the way they word it means evading answering by skirting the truth to confuse and mislead is OK because it's not associated with "intent to deceive or to injure him or another person".

What sizemik said is very interesting. As the congregation is hearing the messenger who is saying sometimes it's OK to lie, then how are they now certain that the messenger isn't lying?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Rahab had no choice but to lie.

If she told the truth they would have found the spys and if she was silent they would have searched the house and have found them. According to the rule 2 Corintians 6:14 "what fellowship is there between light (truth) and darkness (lies)"? she and they would have been damned if she told the truth and damned if she said nothing.

It is a bad analogy they use for the doctrine of it's OK to lie if it would bring reproach (not a terrible death as in the case of the two spies) on the organization.

Do they have anything better?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Lying for "The Truth"? I think not. NWY version used

Proverbs 12; 17 He that launches forth faithfulness will tell what is righteous, but a false witness, deception.

Proverbs 6; 16 There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: 17 lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, 18 a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, 19 a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers.

Leviticus 19; 11 “‘Y OU people must not steal, and YOU must not deceive, and YOU must not deal falsely anyone with his associate. 12 And YOU must not swear in my name to a lie, so that you do profane the name of your God. I am Jehovah.

dc

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

I will say it again:

They are so used to lying,

they don't even tell The Truth™ to each other.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Do you want to be a Guest in God's Tent?

God lives in a tent?..

WBT$ reps say the dumbest sh*t..

JW`s eat it up..

I won`t even bother with the lying.

It`s all just 2 stupid..Boardering on 3 stupid..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The wtbs is living in some kind of weird fantasy world they imagine that they are a "theatrical spectacle to the world" when nobody cares. They imagine themselves secret agent spys secret passwords be evasive they don't deserve the truth. Rules don't apply to us and when we point our magic wand you better tell us the truth because we hold the power of life and death. They live in the lunatic zone.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

psalm 5; 6 You will destroy those speaking a lie.
    A man of bloodshed and deception Jehovah detests.

• cedars
    cedars

The wtbs is living in some kind of weird fantasy world they imagine that they are a "theatrical spectacle to the world"

Quite right nancy drew - a weird fantasy in which they are a theatrical spectacle to a world who is remotely bothered about who they are or what they are about. What they forget is that there are seven million of them, and seven BILLION of everyone else. That's only 0.1% of the global population. Could you imagine watching a TV show or film using only 0.1 percent of your screen??

Cedars

• wobble
    wobble

Exactly Cedars, even when I was a practising JW I used to laugh at how they were told to think, from Rutherfords time, that the world gave a flying f**k about them and their religion.

My son tells me that in his fairly small circle of friends , there is a majority who have never heard of JW's , and this after over 100 years of preaching in this area !

And when I say never heard of, I mean they don't have a clue who you are talking about.

JW's don't have to lie to cover up about their real selves, they are not on the radar !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit