It appears that I am being hunted down (visited by two elders)

by maninthemiddle 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Recently two elders caught my wife at the door while I was away. They mentioned the need to talk to me about something on facebook. Yes, I know how facebook can be, but I choose to use it anyway.

The strange thing is, I just spent a alot of time looking at it, and nothing is publicly available, so unless a one spouse of an inactive JW is looking at it, I don't see how they were able to get this information.

Anyway, that wasn't my real question.

I haven't been to any KH in over 2 years, I haven't seen the Elder (24 year old) in about two years and don't even know the other (he is recently out of bethel, but older 50ish?).

Why the effort to track me down now? I will continute to ignore them but, I have no plans on hiding anymore, my wife is free so they can do anything they want.

Maybe they will be back for more, the one that doesn't know me made some comment about me ignoring them in the past wich is not true, this is the first time they have ever asked to speak with me, so either the gossip mill is already running or they are laying the ground work for a smear campain.

Funny sidenote, while they stand there asking about facebook they ignored the (Holiday) wreath with lights on it hanging on the door.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There are a few different reasons why they might decide suddenly to track someone down.

They might have gone over names for their annual contact with the inactive ones. This is often in preparation for a C.O. visit. The real truth of this is that they want to be able to say to the C.O. that they made all efforts to increase their "fold."

A C.O. might have put them up to it during his visit. "Hey, what about this ManintheMiddle guy, have you guys tried to help him?" The real truth of that matter is that the C.O. wants the books to look clean and report to "Mother" that he did something to help the congregation.

Someone might have mentioned your name in the K.H..

Anyway, good luck to you. If you have nothing to lose, they have absolutely no power. Have fun with it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Why the effort to track me down now?"

"nothing is publicly available, so unless a one spouse of an inactive JW is looking at it"

It sounds as if someone saw something on Facebook and brought it to their attention. Once they are made aware of it, they must investigate.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

You are correct that someone had to have seen it, I would love to know who because I have no one as 'friend" anymore that is a JW execpt for one inactive one, hopefully he is not being lying to me.

Of course there is no way they would ever tell me how they found out, I just wish I knew so I could plug the hole. Oh, now that I think about it, my mother confronted me with something that was on my public profile on facebook recently, and I know that she wouldn't know how to find it herself, so someone had to have shown it to her, of course, she wouldn't say who.

Leavingwt, I have a question for you..

I don't feel that I have anything to lose if told them I wanted to DA. I know that you often say not to do that. If this comes down to the point that I WILL be Disfellowshipped, I would rather it be on my terms just so that I know what will be written on my record, but on the other had why should I care?

What is your opinion?

I guess because I feel manipulated otherwise by people who I thought were my friends. Not that i didn't expect this at some point, I have been realy careful.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Why can't they just leave people alone?

Good luck, middleman.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Id like to add something, there is a good chance (of course it all depends on the elders) that if you ignore EVERY single attempt, either door or phone, they make to contact you, they may eventually leave you alone. Imo, the main thing you do not want to do, is acknowledge any type of authority they may think they have over you.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

maninthemiddle: Once you realize that those people are no longer relevant, you couldn't care less what their paperwork says about you. Ignore them and allow them to do whatever the hell they want to do. They don't exist in your universe.

Let's say they disfellowship you: Bravo! Badge of honor. They recognized that you're no longer a slave, but a free man. What do slaves and free people have in common? Not much.

Without any participation/confirmation from you, the elders could very well decide to do nothing. Have zero conatct with them. Don't take their calls, don't answer your door and pretend like they don't exist. They're busy and most likely lazy. Once they see you don't recognize their authority, they'll stop.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I don't feel that I have anything to lose if told them I wanted to DA. I know that you often say not to do that. If this comes down to the point that I WILL be Disfellowshipped, I would rather it be on my terms just so that I know what will be written on my record, but on the other had why should I care?

I know the question was meant for LWT, but I'd like to give my opinion. DA'ing will put you in a different category than being DF'ed by the JW system. DA'ing, at least where I grew up, was secretly held in many minds to be the unforgivable sin. Many people within the Society are encouraged to entertain those types of thoughts of hatred. If you don't mind your name being dragged through corrosive acid and mud, running from the elders would be a good way to avoid it. DA'ing is a full frontal attack and will evoke retaliatory action usually resulting in heinous slander.

-Sab

• designs
    designs

Remember when people would hide when we came to their door, gee who knew it could work for us

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why can't they just leave people alone?

For the reason OTWO stated. CO's have quotas.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit