It appears that I am being hunted down (visited by two elders)

by maninthemiddle 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• mind blown
    mind blown

I'm sure someone snitched you off (something) on your FB profile, holidays, something! As leavingwt mentioned, they have to investigate, HOWEVER, they can''t prove it and if a person snitched you off, that person has to prove it too......unless you actuall admit to what ever that something is .....then you will be taken care of...if you know what I mean. And if a person is accusing you and it gets nasty....make the accuser also be present to prove their case against you........remember a witness of two or three........unless you confess.........

Best thing is to lay low and admit nothing......

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

*sighs* and then some people question if it's really a cult.

• mind blown
    mind blown

PS...though you feel you want it on your terms now.......when it comes to not having contact with your mother or others......and let's say someone else in you'd never expect to become a JW in your family that you really love........it makes for a very horrible situation...

Best thing is to not admit anything. And if I were you under your "new light" ha.......I would take down your profile and start a new one with small group of people you only really know and trust.......fyi......

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Re-check your Facebook settings- (Friends only). Facebook keeps changing things so that Posts become "Public". Hide your friends list as well.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

MindBlown.... .when it comes to not having contact with your mother or others......and let's say someone else in you'd never expect to become a JW in your family that you really love. .

I have thought long and hard about this, I have a small child, if I were to continue to try to hide I would not get to take him to birthday parties, decorate the house, trick or treat, etc. I don't want him to have to lie to his grandparents becuse they don't want to hear about what he got for christmas.

I want to teach him that it is important to "be yourself", even if that does sound cliche, there is something to it.

If the family wants to be the "bad guy" and give him a reaason to hate the JWs and religion in general, then that will just have to be their choice. My first prority is to him and to see that he has a normal childhood, not screwed up like mine.

Mickey, that definitly ran through my mind. This is what I wrote on another post today....

what happens to many, myself included now, is like having an employee file a harrasement complaint after you leave and the company tracking you down and threating to fire you?

• mind blown
    mind blown

I do understand, however, as it happened with me my child was informed about the JWs, then when my child grew up met an inactive person who started preaching...they dated for a bit.......and now guess who's studying and having struggles associating with? Now they have their claws in my child who just stated can't get baptized until they stop associating with me.....

That's why I say....you never know what backwards, future crap, life can throw at you.

I'd lay low. You're giving them the medal they want by DFin you.....they like that kind of stuff. ...they showed you......

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

MindBlown, I'm very sorry sorry for what they have done. I understand where you are coming from, and it makes a lot of sense.

I am now thinking I will try to keep the lowest profile possiable. I think this old post does reflect a lot of the reason I asked the question.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/2162/2/When-should-you-Disassociate-yourself#30164

Thank You to everyone for your responses today.

• mind blown
    mind blown

maninthemiddle, Thank You.

I wasn't home when the elders stopped by. They left a note. I was so very green and thought I'd be respectful and not shine them on. The note never said what it was about, just said they wanted to meet with me. It turns out a sister saw me smoking and sniched me off and I wasn't even going to meetings. The funny thing is, I had only smoked, once in a great while. I hadn't even had a cigarette for weeks. And the sister who accused me wasn't even at the elders meeting which see should have been. There were five elders for little ol me in the meeting. Anyway, I did admit to smoking....I didn't want to lie before Jah (silly me)....but that's not what got me dfd. They kept reading me scripturs and asked me to repent. I told them how can honestly repent when you just dragged me in here and don't know what I'm getting in trouble about until now? How can I honestly say I'm sorry in a drop of a hat and don't feel repentful? Then say said if I don't I was going to get distroyed.....that's when I got pissed off and said I'm not going to repent out of fear.....I should repent because I'm really sorry! Then they asked me, are you going to stop smoking? And I said, well to be honest, I'm not smoking now but I don't know if I'll smoke again later. Then they said that if I don't repent by the end of the week, I was getting DF'd.

I told my child the other day, one of the STUPIDEST things I've ever done if my life was go to that meedting. I should have not gone because it was only that sisters word.......no others......and I, like a dumb ass admited to smoking once in a while.......

The creepiest thing of the whole situation?! One of the elders who was in my elders meeting was soon later DF'd for Embesselment!!!! No shit!

Your mother I'm sure will eventually lay off, because she knows what future problems can occur ....she can even lose out on seeing her grandson more then usual.

Peace by with you....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit