HOW MANY BORN-INS or almost born-ins, WOULD HAVE BECOME A JW IF SOMEONE CALLED AT THEIR DOOR?

by PaintedToeNail 23 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I know I would have never, ever been interested if someone would have come to my door as a JW. I guess I really don't feel like I've ever had a real spiritual side to me. The 'truth' would have never interested me, nor would I have ever accepted a bible study with anyone who came looking for a sheeple.

How many others with the 'truth' force on them as kids, would have become JWs if their parents hadn't basically forced them to?

CJ

• simon17
    simon17

Even when I was under their power and a MS and trying very hard to be spiritual, I remember a service cargroup debating what they would have become of them had they not grown up in 'the truth.' Most seemed pretty convinced they would have found the truth eventually, another person said they'd probably be drawn to some other religion. They asked me and I said "I'd have been an athiest." That kinda quieted everyone. Ballsy answer actually. Even though I had no dots connected back then, I still knew logically where I'd end up I think. Rationality simply must win out in the end.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

If JWism wasn't forced on me by my mother, I'd never have become a JW. Had my mother given me the freedom to make my own choice regarding religion, I probably would have become Roman Catholic, since most of my close friends at school were Catholic . As things turned out after leaving the JWs I became an Episcopalian (Anglo-Catholic).

My feeling is that if JW parents gave their children the freedom to choose, most would reject JWism for another religion or no religion.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Not more than 1%. Most leave for a variety of reasons. The ones that remain, mostly just don't know where else to go.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I would have been a very heavy smoker today if I was never a witness. The Funny thing is that JW side of my family do not smoke but they did smoke before they were witnesses, but all of my NON JW side of my family do smoke. I think it is ONLY ONE good blessing out of it. If they came to the door and none of my family is JW, I would probably slam the door.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I always used to ponder that as a JW, and knew I would never have been a JW, or believed what they had to say if I had not been born in. There were a few unbelieving husbands in our congregation that never converted, and I always understood why not.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Hell no!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Iamallcool,, I would have been a very heavy smoker today if I was never a witness

see, I think, at least wonder, that you may have quit eventually anyway (maybe not as early),,I know many non-JWs that did smoke at one time but quit for their health, etc. Basically, it is what the individual (personally) decides to do. Anyway, anything good done by a JW, I give credit to the individual, in spite of the religion.

• Azazel
    Azazel

I would never have gotten into a religious discussion with anyone at my door. Im pretty sure i would have been a Lutheran from my Germanic ancestory. Asked a similar question like Simon17 i always said id be in the army cause you get to blow things up- similar response.lol

i actually had two old dears from the local catholic church knock on my door to invite me to their church service..i coudnt help it i just had to

say No thanks im a Buddist! ( which im not) heh heh

• St George of England
    St George of England

JW: Hello, would you like to know why there is so much wickedness in the earth?

George: Yes of course, that would be interesting

JW: Well, just 6037 years ago there was this naked women, a fruit tree and a talking snake.

George (interupting): Well maybe another time......... closes door.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit