HOW MANY BORN-INS or almost born-ins, WOULD HAVE BECOME A JW IF SOMEONE CALLED AT THEIR DOOR?

by PaintedToeNail 23 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I would always have been a barefoot hippy, and always thought that people selling things door-to-door were shonky. I got out of the Borg when I was 20: just didn't want to hurt my mother's feelings before that time.

• lohengren
    lohengren

I like to think reason would ultimately prevail and I'd be able to avoid becoming involved in any religions.

It's impossible to tell though.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I certainly would not have. I got baptized because I didn't know any better. The religion had fed me lies about the world and lies about former witnesses. I was basically scared into believing it was true. But as I grew up and became more confident in my own thinking abilities I began to question things.

had I been a "worldly" to begin with.....I would never have prevented myself from questioning therefore I would never have been baptised.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I remember working with an older woman in service and she admitted to a study that she was glad her mother had become a JW because she was not a joiner and never would have joined if she was not raised to do so.

I can't personally answer the question cuz I was found at the door.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit