What Are Your Hobbies Now That You're Out?

by lilbluekitty 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• Twisty
    Twisty

When i started cooling off, i decided to buy a guitar to learn how to play Rock.

We both read alot Fiction and Non-Fiction, which gets me thinking Avid readers are more likely to find out the real Truth, maybe?

We need to make friends so we can play our board games.

I enjoy working on cars so as finances allow i would like to look for a classic to resurrect.

Twisty

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Twisty, How are things going with your exit? Is your wife in favor yet?

• flipper
    flipper

My wife and I have many interests & hobbies we enjoy . We enjoy gardening tending to our vegetable garden in the summer & fall. We read a lot together and separately. We love going camping, hiking , I enjoy fishing & golfing occasionally. I enjoy singing and my son and I get together and sing sometimes. He has played guitar for quite awhile and I am just beginning to learn to play the guitar now ! Already know a few songs !

We enjoy listening to music on CD's , mainly blues, rock n roll, reggae , alternative some. We occasionally go to a live blues show to see musicians perform. We enjoy watching movies - we have a large collection of DVD's and VHS we've collected over the years. We play Scrabble together quite often while listening to the satellite blues or music station. I love photography as well , mainly photographing nature scenes in the Sierra mountains.

So life is great ! Lots of things to learn and do ! We'll always be learning. Pretty cool

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi MR and Mrs. Flipper. I think we may have a lot in common. Looking forward to a meet up.

• flipper
    flipper

3RDGEN- Hey how are you folks doin' ? Good to hear from you. I just got in from work about 11:30 P.M. California West coast time ! Wifey is out watchin ' TV and I'm at the computer winding down before bedtime. Sounds like you folks have cool interests as well ! We look forward to meeting you hopefully at Lake Tahoe next July if you are able to make it. Take care of yourselves and have a great night, day, or whatever time it is where you are ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Mr Flipper, we"re in Northern Cali. PM me about Tahoe we'd LOVE to go!

• flipper
    flipper

3rdgen , I sent you a PM ! Please check ! Thanks

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I was always into art, so when i left i took up oil painting. I predominantly painted nude women because, well, i liked the subject and it was forbidden as a JW. I also painted automotive art and still do both themes but usually digital art these days.

I am currently into sculpting life size fetish statues too. Real sexy dirty naughty....

I also went full on into my desire to have american cars and have had a few galaxies and a caddillac go thru my hands. The current main project is a 29 ford bitsa hotrod.

One of the most important hobbies i took up after leaving was dancing. It got me back into life and made me some great friends. These people easily replaced the fake friends at the K/Hall.

Oz

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

I love to read and have always read, even as a kid, and even though I was properly indoctrinated as a kid, I did read non WTS books to a small extent. Well, I've taken that up again with a vengeance. I love investigating stuff, specially with the help of the internet, I am not a conspiracy theorist or a believer in conspiracies per se, but I do tend to give them a chance to present their cases. So I do read about UFOs, forbidden archeology and things of the sort, trying to see if the claimed things are feasable.

On the other hand, I spend time training and improving my physical health, specially since I now know that the New Order as explained by the WTS won't come and we most likely will have to deal with old age.

And last, but not least, I am a big fan of the Android OS and spend time installing new custom ROMs and tweaking and reporting bugs to the developers. At them moment I'm playing with "Ice Cream Sandwich" (Android 4.0.1) on my Galaxy s i9000.

Watching movies and TV series is also something me and my girlfriend enjoy doing together.

Vivalavida

• snakeface
    snakeface

I enjoy leisurely Saturday and Sunday mornings, making a big breakfast and spending time with my dogs. Reading magazines (yes, reading them, not studying them). Going out to karaoke, where I've made some friends with other regulars.

But my biggest hobby is aviation. Several years ago I took flight lessons and became a pilot. Even when I'm not flying I go to the airport on weekends and hang out awhile; instead of knocking on doors each Saturday to bring a false message to people don't want to hear it, I get to share my aviation knowledge/experience with flight students who are eager to listen and learn. I attend various aviation seminars and events where I learn more and network and meet other pilots. Through them I get to fly various different kinds of planes and fly to various locations with them. I have made so many great friends through aviation. It's as Aussie Oz says about his dancing hobby, "It got me back into life and made me some great friends. These people easily replaced the fake friends at the K/Hall." And these new friends include me in all their birthday/holiday activities; they are my new family. In fact I posted in my facebook profile that my religion is Aviation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit