Whats your personal perception of Religion ?

by thetrueone 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good definition N. drew

If you look back at all religious beliefs going back to the oldest IE. Egyptian, you can see that holds true.

Unfortunately throughout human history mankind has had a continuing policy to hate or be prejudice upon others

who didn't have the exact same religious ideolgies.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think billions of people belong to many different religions. I think there is a need for hope in most people. Atheism offers none as far as I can see.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Atheism offers none as far as I can see.

What about the hope of what mankind can do for himself to improve the human experience in kind to humanistic values ?

If you reflect back, one can clearly see that religious ideologies were detrimental in stumbling mankind in this particular effort.

The JWs still do this today by stating that that world as we know it is about to come to abrupt end and it is therefore no

practical use to pursue higher education to learn how to help with this endeavor.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I think there is a need for hope in most people. Atheism offers none as far as I can see.

With all due respect, hope based on faith is ultimately very unfulfilling. It forces the believer to only be able to partially enjoy life - after all, this is the only life we know 100% is real. Not to mention the feelings of guilt and regret that accompany this 'hope'. I've already lived too much of my life wondering if I've done enough or if an invisible being likes me or if I've lost a chance at an afterlife to waste another minute of this one on hope. I highly recommend enjoying this life to the full. And recycling.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think there is a need for hope in most people.

Most poor people don't have a perceived hope without belief in a supernatural power. But educated rich people don't need to believe in god for hope.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Most poor people don't have a perceived hope without belief in a supernatural power.

Waiting on super natural powers to resolve mankind's problems has always proved a regrettable wasted effort though.

No matter what super natural power you decidedly waited on. ( YAHWEH )

Wasn't the waiting on the gods a problem in itself, both destructive and obstructive to self improvement toward the human experience ?

• sabastious
    sabastious

LOL trueone, tell us what you really think about religion!

I have to agree with you though. Once a set of written ideas gets the "ultimate societal head nod" people slowly start going insane about the words. So, words need to be put in their rightful place once and for all.

-Sab

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

I feel like religion can help people have something to hang onto, and be beneficial for ones who seek Christ's message of love. But most religions go way beyond that and begin judging others based on their own feelings and it is then that it causes a lot of pain and hardship.

Its a shame that my family who genuinely love me would disown me if I told them I don't believe in God the same way they do. So, I think that most ORGANIZED religion is destructive and hurtfull.

• tec
    tec

My perception of religion depends on the religion.

I don't personally like religion of any sort, at all. I can't be part of it. I think it stands in the way; getting people to follow it, instead of following Christ. Religion can then become the mediator between man and God; instead of Christ being the mediator between man and God. Now, some people may need religion for direction. I just wish that while offering direction, those religions would also say, "You know, you don't need us to have a relationship with Christ and God. You can go to Christ, listen for and then to Him... and let Him teach you in spirit."

Some might do this. But those that don't; those that make you believe their doctrines and follow their rules/laws... or you can't be a true Christian... those hurt people, instead of help. Those are the blind leading the blind.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Good summary, e x360shipper. Welcome to the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit