Whats your personal perception of Religion ?

by thetrueone 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

My personal perception of my own would be that religion is an organized agreement

to a set of lies, cultivated upon human ignorance, fear and superstitions, structured

on a framework of power and control.

Whats your personal perception ?

• wobble
    wobble

It is, as Rutherford said, " a snare and a racket", the only thing he got right, mind you he was an authority, he had just started one.

His comment is a bit like Bernie Madoff saying "Beware of Ponzi schemes".

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Rutherford said, " a snare and a racket",

The most truthful thing the guy ever said, but he wasn't indifferent to the power and wealth he cultivated toward himself.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think the majority of religions, even JWs, are started with the best of intentions. But these intentions are always undermined by human corruption, combined with foundations that are flawed in their reasoning.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Thinking about the WTS. one can assume the expressed doctrines from its beginning roots were set more to attract the publics attention.

Expressed doctrines which eventually drove the first prominent financial backer and President W Conley, to leave and join another Christian based faith.

The WTS/JWS were quite aggressive in pointing out other Christian based faiths in their inherent faults, at the same time creating their own

inherent faults in their endeavor to sustain and cultivate their power and control over people.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Collective madness + a crap sex life

• N.drew
    N.drew

Religion makes the world more colorful. Except it seems for the JWs. They don't add color. The JWs are similar to the Bible which is something that most people don't know what it's for. Personally I veiw the Bible as a mystery and the Jehovah's Witnesses as a mystery. Other religions are not a mystery to me. But it is a mystery to me how the JWs can say one thing but believe another.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

But it is a mystery to me how the JWs can say one thing but believe another.

Its all about selectivity which each religious organization wants to indoctrinate and accept as their own.

Add the proclaimed support of the god's holy spirit to back themselves up and Wallah you have yourself a religion.

Not exactly a hard thing to do, when you really look at it.

You can always demonise others who don't agree or accept your doctrines.

When you consider that the WTS's own doctrines were established against the bible's own teachings,

such as the exact dating of Christ's return and all of the other false End Times doctrines thrown in, you can see how staid

corruption has little effect in the perseverance to established religious followings.

• designs
    designs

From Cave Dwellers to Westminster Theological Seminary its basically an explanation of the fear of living and dying.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think most religions are just popular opinion of what was, what is and what they wish it to be...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit