I need a new phone......which one is better- I-phone or Droid?

by drewcoul 25 Replies latest jw friends

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Looking this question from JW point of view both are bad. What about the selfishness of I phone, and Android is not any better, it is referring to some obscure science fiction, which is not real and thus from Satan. You should avoid both, so sorry.

CP

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Half of our company uses I-Phone and the other half prefers the Droid. I've had more complains on the Droid side. But I don't know, I haven't familiarized myself with a droid as much as the I-Pnone.

Let a coin toss decide.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Anything that can contact apostate sites is from Satan. You should get the NEW WTBS$ Flip Phone. No satanic internet. 411 is handled by brothers in at the "Compound". Only calls to approved publishers get through. It is discounted to $99.00 per month...with $90 going to the "WorldWide work" at the COMPOUND.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I just got the Droid Bionic a few weeks ago. I love it. It does things a lot faster than the other phones I have had. I've never had an Apple so I don't know anything about them. My brother-in-law has an Apple and is thinking of going to a Droid because you can't pull the back off and change the battery yourself. He said it will cost him $200 dollars to have them change the battery.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was so glad to see this thread b/c I am debating the merits. Are iphones and droids basically the same? Reading the posts I am confused. Is it a matter of personal preference? One concern I have is how fragile the phones are. A friend treats her iphone with kid gloves. She says they break easily. You can't it treat it as a regular cell phone. How careful would I have to be? The battery issue sounds very important.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Band on the Run: The iPhone is more user-friendly and currently has fewer bugs. There is no 'killer feature' on the Android platform that you will miss.

• undercover
    undercover

I have an iPhone. No complaints. I have friends with Droid. No complaints. At first we used to argue which was best, but I quickly realized it pretty much came down to personal preference. I bet if I had gone Droid instead of iPhone, I would have been defending it against the iPhone.

I think it comes down to what features you need the most and which one is better suited to what you do with your smartphone.

If you're one of these guys, I don't think it really matters which one you choose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe-Y-zSd5gs

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Android and iPhone are two different aesthetic approaches to mobile operating systems. If you want a mobile OS that is highly customizable and tweakable in a bazillion different ways, then Android is for you. If you want a more seamless and smooth and pretty OS but with less tweakability and (a little) less baked-in functionality, then you'd probably like the iPhone better.

For me, the tweakability and customize-ability of android fed into my OCD tendencies a little too much, so I switched to the iPhone. I do miss the stock turn-by-turn navigation of Android, but the maps application on the iPhone is generally good enough for my purposes. I also miss the Swiftkey keyboard available on Android but not iOS. But I like the one-button iPhone approach vs. Android's four, and also the app availability that is still quite a bit ahead of the other OS's.

Windows phone is another option you might look into. It's a bit of a mix of Android's openness and iOS's smoothness and ease-of-use.

I have never missed having Flash, and mobile Flash is going the way of the dinosaur anyway.

• used2beme
    used2beme

i've had the droid backflip for 2 years and it has always seemed slow to respond compared to hubby's iPhone. I do love the widgets, but he has shown me some of the newer items available on iPhone sftw. I'm taking the apple plunge in a month, and dragging mom and dad into the 21st century with us. I feel keeping the same tech they will have questions about is the best, and apple seemed a better fit for them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have had my iPhone 4 for just over a year, it is awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit