I need a new phone......which one is better- I-phone or Droid?

by drewcoul 25 Replies latest jw friends

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I'm in need of a new phone. I've had the Samsung Omnia for quite a while. Its a piece of crap. Its supposed to be a smart phone, but its hard to text, I run out of memory, and the internet is slow.

I'm on Verizon and I'm debating on whether to get the I-phone 4-S or the Droid Razr. Any suggestions?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Simple clincher for me was "Flash"... if you need/use it then the I-phones are out of the running.

Samsung Galaxy SII is utterly brilliant!

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

I vote for the iPhone. Flash is no longer an issue on the iPhone as it can now be installed on the iPhone 4, Google iPhone 4 + Flash. Also Adobe has annouced that they are no longer going to suppport flash on the mobile platform. Flash will be dead on all mobile phones in a year or so. Everything is going to HTML5.

The iPhone has SIRI which has to be the coolest feature ever. You can just tell your phone: "remind me to pick up milk and eggs when I leave work", the GPS on the phone will know when you leave work and automatically remind you. It does TONS of other cool things as well. Go to Apple.com and on the first page click on the link for the iPhone 4s video. I truly think it is the best phone out there. 8 megapixel camera, facetime, high def video recording etc. . . .

• shakyground
    shakyground

I have the HTC Amaze android phone on Tmobile and I love it. There are pros and cons to both Android and I-os. Android you have more freedom out the box. You can put music on an Android phone anywhere and anytime, with Iphone you are married to Itunes, Android all you have to do is plug it up to your pc and drag and drop, no Itunes needed. Android has Flash for for online vids, bigger screen sizes, more choices in hardware, phones with better hardware specs than Iphone. My phone has an 8mp cam and 1080p recording and a 1.5 ghz dual core processor.The Iphone has better battery life, more apps, usually better quality apps, mirroring with your apple tv, Siri.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you're unfamiliar with both the iPhone and the Android platform, either one will be a very pleasant surprise.

If you do not need a keyboard, I would go with an Apple product. (Keep in mind that your monthly cost will be almost $100.)

The iphone and it's apps just. . .work. iOS 5 is designed especially for the hardware, creating a very slick user experience.

Now, please allow me to remove my customer service hat.

If liberty is your thing, Apple represents hardware tyranny. Like the PC, Android is the platform of hardware liberty.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Now, please allow me to remove my customer service hat.

If liberty is your thing, Apple represents hardware tyranny. Like the PC, Android is the platform of hardware liberty

LOL! That's the one thing that has turned me off from buying apple or mac products. I know they are proven, and high quality but I like versatility.

So, flash is going to be a thing of the past soon? Are most mobile phones able to support html5?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

drewcoul: I wouldn't worry about the Flash issue. Apple has no intention of becoming obsolete. The web will continue to adjust to Apple, with or without flash. I do not know the answer to your HTML 5 question.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

iPhone hands down. The 4S is awesome with Siri it does everything for you.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Omnia sux alright, the touch screen is crapiest of the crapiest lol

at this stage i really don't know, i have both the iphone 3GS & the Galaxy S, & out of those two by far I prefer the Galaxy Android however the newer versions of these phones is another story

• shakyground
    shakyground

I like the fact that Android phones have widgets and live wallpapers too. The only real thing i miss about the Iphone is Infinity blade. That was the hottest game ever on a phone by far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit