In the LAST DAYS (mockers, scoffers) ridiculers will come saying:

by Terry 100 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Being incapable or unwilling to be specific usually points to either evasion or ignorance.

The bible writers, whoever they were, were indulging in anything but inspiration.

After all, any god worthy of that title either wishes to communicate sensibly or simply jaw-jack.

So much of the New Testament is spackle to fill cracks.

Remember, Paul wrote first. Later the so-named semi-imposters (Apostles) followed up.

Jesus had been gone about as long as Kennedy has been dead, now.

Kennedy ain't comin' back! Even if somebody promised he said he would.

Speculations about "what does such and such "mean" exemplifies the total absence of SENSE.

What do these words actually amount to in scripture as to SPECIFICS?

SOON

End of the AGE

Signs

????????????????????????????

They mean whatever anybody wants to argue for them to "mean."

If there were SPECIFICS given (context of time, place and date) this would not be possible for interpreters to get wrong.

But, noooooooo.

Instead we get one metaphor on top of another LINKED in a vague way with "signs" which themselves are open to interpretation.

If anybody has looked at the seizmic chart of earthquakes you'll quickly abandon the so-called "sign" as having any possible meaning, for instance.

"Difficult times hard to deal with" is just about every era mankind has been on Earth.

Just as the Jehovah's Witnesses take a most obvious sentence containing '...AND every eye shall see him..." and turn it into a NON-literal "see".

Everybody on this discussion group can pick up the bible and make silly putty interpretations.

You'll always be wrong, too.

Unprovable. Impossible to specificy, quantify or pinpoint.

In other words, nonsense.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

PaintedToeNail: Matthew 24:34 is a failed prophecy. Any of us (including the Watchtower) can interpret the text in a manner that covers this over. I realize that most Christians would vehemently disagree with me. I'm OK with that. This is simply how I see it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Matthew 24:34 is not a failed prophesy. "Come with me, inheritors as I am an inheritor, of the Kingdom that we will MAKE". It's not the kingdom finished. It is the Kingdom building that we inherited. It is the accomplishing of it . Not accomplished.

It means the power, not the paradise.

I am a woman of few words. Intelligent mankind is he who can't understand something if it doesn't have a lot of fluff. I have no fluff.

The scripture is in the happening, not in the accomplishing.

I don't know any better way to say it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

N.drew: Are we speaking of the same Scripture? This is the one I'm referring to.

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

• cofty
    cofty

I am a woman of few words. - N.drew

One of the funniest posts I have ever read.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

If Jesus knew it meant our everlasting life to put faith in this stuff, he could have been a hell of a lot clearer about it. There should be no room for interpretation with something that serious.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

There should be no room for interpretation with something that serious.

Most faiths/denominations/religions are based upon a unique interpretation of Scripture. Further, the Bible is not a book of detailed theology. With this in mind, it's easy to see why fundamentalists get really worked up about details, and the rest do not.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Sorry my bad!

I believe "this generation" means all those who are confessing Jesus.

Your post said Jesus is a false prophet because a generation passed away. Is that correct?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

N.drew: This was one example of a failed prophecy by Jesus.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

I am a total humanitarian open minded not given up on God (yet).

I will not be a predator to the best of my ability I am lacto vegetarian eat a lot of bovine milk yogurt but do my best not to harm any creature that can feel fear.I usually would search and destroy sweep my property early spring for wasp nest now I only kill the ones that are in my traffic path.

When I was a JW I trampled on everything now I am eco minded

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit