In the LAST DAYS (mockers, scoffers) ridiculers will come saying:

by Terry 100 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Your explanation is excellent, Darth Rutherford!!!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Snowstorm tonight..End of the world....

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I recall when I learned that Jesus himself was a false prophet. Sort of makes Russell and Rutherford seem small-time.

• N.drew
    N.drew

" Until he comes, the weeds and the wheat will continue to grow together. Only when Jesus returns will they be separated."

IMO weeds are misunderstandings. Wheat are believing in the pattern of healthful words 2 Timothy 1:13.

"Jesus returning" means the time is ripe that the words of the prophets can be understood. There is no more waiting. Jesus isn't coming back.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    "Jesus himself was a false prophet" ??????
  • myelaine
    myelaine

thank you Darth Rutherford...

(I don't know where Terry got this opinion)

"Time passed.

More time passed.

....and still MORE time passed without Jesus coming back.

The idea that deliverance was "near" began to make believers squirm with discomfort." ...

time is a gift

love michelle

• N.drew
    N.drew

Vanity all is vanity and a striving after the wind

• Listener
    Listener

I loved your message Darth, especially your use of scriptures.

As usual I also enjoy your topics Terry and how you aim to use critical thinking.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Your explanation is excellent, Darth Rutherford!!!

Indeed, it was a succinct explanation of the basic tenents of Christianity. Many groups over the centuries have created not-so-basic religious constructs based off what was originally a pretty simple and enlightening message. However, it requires life long commitment whether you die a Christian monk many hundreds of years ago or a Shepard in the future.

-Sab

• Terry
    Terry

Words have to mean something or you are just making noises.

Communicating reality requires specificity.

I'll meet you for lunch soon.....seems to actually mean something, doesn't it?

But, when and where?

The context of specificity is absolute to the promise actually meaning anything.

So much of bible language consists of powerfully loaded emotional poetry and highly metaphorical phrases which IMPLY MEANING but do not

actually deliver anything.

Priests and other middlemen jump in the middle and interpret the hell out of it.

We are all in love with the idea of a divine rescue from death, aren't we?

We are invested with an incentive to believe and fill metaphor with impending reality.

But, that isn't good enough to deliver anything but HOPE.

Hope just gets you through the night.

Like alcoholism, you take the addiction one day at a time and need lots of encouragement.

Many of us here are Godaholics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit