In the LAST DAYS (mockers, scoffers) ridiculers will come saying:

by Terry 100 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

Quiet One's posts won't show so I'm posting to get to the last post. Which reminds me of my attempt to make the last poster thread the longest. So put on your funny bone, or be serious, if you want and go post on the last post thread. Why not? I say!

• tec
    tec

That Jesus could have said soemthing like that, that Matthew worded in a typical apocalyptic context is quite possible BUt that Jesus ACTUALLY said and MEANT that isn't because it is clear in the context of that chapter and ACtTS that Jesus told them more than once that the time is UNKNOWN to Man and NONE of their business.

Yes, this. People can think and e x pect and interpret all they want. But Christ was clear that no one would know when that time was; that it belonged to His Father, and only His Father. So how could any expectation or interpretation of when be accurate?

Peace,

Tammy

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The Quiet One:

Lars said: "Christ arrived in 1992 and Paul and John and Jesus' mother are still very much alive. I've seen and/or met them in my capacity as a special prophets." Does Paul still have a problem with women, or has he finally got married? I'm sure she won't mind the slight age difference. After all, once you pass 1,000 , the age gap seems to get smaller, doesn't it? “Taking crazy things seriously is a serious waste of time.” Haruki Murakami , Kafka on theShore

Hi TQO: From my distant view, it appears the "aging gene" was healed for those meant to survive and they just maintain the health and appearance of a certain age. All three looked about the same age, 50 or 60. This might have been deliberate to help hide their identity over time.

Paul was a "euinuch" and thus someone whom in modern terms would be considered to be "gay." All gays have a choice to be celibate or not. Paul obviously was celibate but still had to deal with strong sexual desires for other men or boys. That was his trial and the thorn in his side. The Bible represents the thorn in his side that he wished God to remove to be related to his eyes. What Paul's problem was is that he liked to look. His weakness was the desire of the eyes. Back then in Greece, there were gymnasiums where youthful athletes exercised and competed, but this was done in the nude. The congregation must have observed Paul gazing inaappropriately at something, possibly these naked youth, and they ignored it. But they were aware of his weakness, which might be common for some "eunuchs" (gays).

Even so, Paul considered being gay to be a "gift" because you don't have desire for women. Being "gay" is a gift when you can control your sexual desires and remain celibate, giving you the opportunity to pursue a demanding career or the ministry without the distraction of having to take care of a family.

As a passing trivial note, the Bible notes that he was called an "Egyptian", meaning he was dark completed although a Jew. That means that many other Jews must have been fair-skinned, which indeed Mary and John are. They are just as fair as many Jews are today. That is, they look white but Paul looked "Babylonian" to me. So that was a confirmation for me of sorts. Of course, holy spirit pointed him out to me first. I had always thought Paul was killed and died. So I rushed home to see what the Bible said about Paul. Sure enough, he includes himself among those who would "survive down to the Lord's day" (1 Thess 4:15-18) meaning he had not died. But he was very typically mid-Eastern looking with dark skin. Then I saw the passage where he was called an "Egyptian" which reflects on his being darker complected and not typically Jewish/Judean looking, which was someone with fair skin.

Also in passing, I believe the Knights Templar discovered John and a congregation of others still alive underneath the temple, along with massive genealogy records. They returned to report this to the pope and he invested in them to recover John and those records but when they retured John and the records and others alive from the 1st Century were long gone. Then it became the quest of the Knights Templar, then, to find John and these records. This is basically what the "DaVinci Code" is all about -- the genealogy of Christ, focussed on John and finding the "holy grail." John, of course is directly linked with the "holy grail."

Now that leads to another observation. You see, John and Jesus were cousins, but were in love with each other. So you mind many references to John as the "disciple that Jesus loved." Of course, Jesus loved all his disciples but John was special. In the esoteric world of Freemasonry, this was interpreted to mean that Jesus and John were celibate lovers; two eunuchs in love with each other. So John was depicted as a very effeminate person and in "The DaVinci Code" John is actually substituted by Mary Magdalene. That is, they acknowledge that John and Jesus were a typical eunuch "couple" in that culture. That relationship between celibate gays was considered much like that between male relatives such as a brother or cousin.

Meaning what? Meaning, in practice, if your cousin comes over, you can hug him and give him a kiss and sleep in the same bed with him in the household if you like, with the understanding there is no sex, of course. But you can't do that with a non-relative without raising eyebrows. That even works in the modern age. If two men move in together and they are not relatives, then eyebrows get raised. Or even more obvious, if two cousins, a man and a woman move in together, that's okay. But you can't do that with a non-relative.

So "eunuchs" were understood not to be attracted to women in the way most straight men are. They were expected to be celibate but it was common knowledge they formed special relationships with other men who then became their "companion" sometimes. John was considered to be the "companion" of Jesus.

Anyway, what does it matter. Jesus is going to be MARRIED to the church in heaven, so he will be having sex with both former men and women. So it just doesn't matter. And once Judgment Day is over, everyone will "be like the angels" which means they are neither male nor female. So no more "weaker vessel" role for women who were designed for childbearing. Once everyone has everlasting life, there will be no more children born and no need for marriage. But there will still be sex and intimacy, only everyone will be the same sex and so you can have sex with anybody on the planet.

Ironic that some people think living as a human on the earth forever is going to get boring. But let's say a computer program was designed so that you could live one year with every person on the planet. You're living forever so why not get to know everyone, intimately! Let's say you were paired with someone every other year in a different place on the planet. If there were just 4 billion people, it would take 8 billion years for you to meet everyone and by then you'd have likely lived in every single house in every single place on the planet just once for one year.

That's the secret to successfully living foreever. If you're having a great time, you want to repeat that experience. Next thing you know, 400 billion years have passed and you have plans for another 400 billion years on your computerized social events calendar. It's going to be so great!

Hmmm, getting a little off topic. So back on point, Paul is still gay and not married that I know of. But that doesn't mean he hasn't found a "significant other" to share his intimate moments with (i.e. which amounts to playing dominos or chess-teehee).

LS

• N.drew
    N.drew

about (2), all (5), case* (3), cause* (1), circumstances* (3), companions* (8), condition* (1), experiences (2), far (1), followers* (1), former* (1), meat (1), one (6), one who (1), one* (1), others (4), others* (1), outsiders* (3), people (1), sight (1), some (7), some* (5), suitable (1), these (4), things (1), this (31), those (406), those who (17), together* (8), under* (1), welfare (1), what (47), what had happened (1), what* (1), which (14), who (52), whoever (8), whom (4). http://concordances.org/greek/3588.htm

The preceeding defines theday.

h?ra – properly, an hour ; (figuratively) a finite "season"; limited time or opportunity to reach a goal (fulfill a purpose); a divinely pre-set time-period; a limited period to accomplish the Lord's specific purpose, i.e. "the hour" in which specific characteristics prevail exactly like that for a limited time. http://concordances.org/greek/5610.htm

..."will pass away" is what imo Jesus was defining by "day" and "hour" http://concordances.org/greek/3928.htm

Only the Father knows what opportunity each one of us has that we take advantage of or not. Verb tense unclear.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Now that leads to another observation. You see, John and Jesus were cousins, but were in love with each other. So you mind many references to John as the "disciple that Jesus loved." Of course, Jesus loved all his disciples but John was special. In the esoteric world of Freemasonry, this was interpreted to mean that Jesus and John were celibate lovers; two eunuchs in love with each other. So John was depicted as a very effeminate person and in "The DaVinci Code" John is actually substituted by Mary Magdalene. That is, they acknowledge that John and Jesus were a typical eunuch "couple" in that culture. That relationship between celibate gays was considered much like that between male relatives such as a brother or cousin.

Thanks for the laugh Larsinger58

• Terry
    Terry

So your point is well taken that if God wanted people to understand he could have done a better job of making things more direct and more simple. But he does not intend to do that except for the elect.

In other words, unless somebody claims credentials for being Elect, the rest of us should go pound sand or put our trust in the "Claims".

This is the worst form of favoritism. In short: INJUSTICE.

Being treated fairly says a lot about the one doing the treating.

Jehovah's Witnesses waste their lifetime passively listening to the nonsense of their own self-styled ELECT: the GB.

A god with double-standards is not much of a god.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. in its long history has been cunningly manipulative and exploitive with peoples minds and emotions.

The return of Christ and his Kingdom, the coming day of judgment for all mankind were among the more prominent professed doctrines.

Great alluring subjects to paste on the front cover of magazines or books nevertheless.

The WTS. postured its publishing organization on these doctrinal pronouncements as a means to further control people as they wished

who were lured toward the organization. The governing act to protect themselves of what they had accumulated was their DFing policy

to those whom they deemed not acting or behaving in accord to their designated will. They self identified themselves as god's solely chosen elect

which facilitated as much power and control over people within the established perimeter of religious governance.

Unfortunately all of this expressed energy by the WTS. and its devoted followers will only over time show to be nothing but a wasteful endeavor,

spent over stories told by ancients of their omnisciently great god, intensionally exploited and commercialized by a modern religious publishing house.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Quiet One: You need to break up those big run-on paragraphs. Your argument gets lost in it, it's too difficult to read, and it's too hard on my eyes to bother to decipher the point you're trying to make. http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that can be noted is the WTS/JWs has had the posthumous capability to attract people who may not be quite mentally

healthy to the norm of the greater population.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

you are a deep thinker there Terry

no wonder you got out!

FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit