I finally drove off my wonderful jw wife...and i am so sad..

by oompa 47 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    and now i am already feeling so alone...i let a perfectly good woman go...and i already have regrets...but i dont think there was any other way...this is so sad...i will miss her very much...she is a saint........oompa

That is very normal, to feel alone and have regrets. I think I remember you saying you were not "in love" with her, one time. You will miss her, but eventually you are going to have plenty of outside friends and a guy as handsome and smart business-wise as you will find someone you are in love with. Life will get tons better. She will still be a saint and you will always appreciate her.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, Oompa, I am so sorry to hear that....

Please don't consider this as the absolute end of your marriage.... Perhaps this "alone" time will give you the time - and peace - that you will need to get things all sorted out in your head...

She doesn't have to STAY 'gone', you know... As Cedars said, if the situation is salvageable....

Please, please take VERY good care of yourself!!

Zid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..Oompa!!..

Ah say,Ah say..Where iz that boy?..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mJ4lc_Q9Q6k/SQDs2qj9rEI/AAAAAAAASBE/KDPk8MO9-Hs/s400/foghorn13eye.jpg

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• unshackled
    unshackled

Hey oompa....ah geez man, I've been there and know the feeling. I remember it was a Sunday when my JW ex-wife packed up some things and went to live with her parents. That night was a long one and it felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest. Similar situation...I stopped going to meetings, we grew apart, she had her world and I had mine. Eventually the religion was a like a Berlin Wall in our relationship. Our split and divorce was amicable but was such a painful time to lose a good friend. She was, and is, a great person but we were going in different directions. Everyone's situation is different and I know some can make it work but it wasn't to be for us.

That was 7 years ago, I'm now remarried and living the life I want and so is she. So for us it worked out for the better. The pain goes away. It does get better. Keep your chin up, bud.

• caliber
    caliber

"Grief knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can;
    and common sufferings are far stronger links than common joys.'

I share your grief more than most will ever know !

Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvsU4SNWPA&feature=fvst

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm with Outlaw on this one.

I've still got my wife. I would never ask her to leave over some prissy little cult. That's just stupid. She'll leave the cult when she's ready, not when I want. All we can do is sow seeds and water them. You've gotta be a goddam trick cyclist to argue with a cult member, so don't bother.

Go and do some quality grovelling for penance.

• caliber
    caliber

There is no bigger man than he that can own, yes to take possession of his own mistakes.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I too had to make the choice to stay or go..I stayed. It was miserable in the last years as he because even more attached to the religion. He planned on retiring and pioneering..Life just didn't seem to be working out like I planned for us. To retire and travel..

I had to endure days of nothing but preaching..condemnation for me and the world..(and our grown children and their families).

Oompa..NO ONE should have to listen to that. No one!

I loved hubby dearly and miss him but since he passed away it has been so peaceful and the world is once again beautiful.

I feel like I am normal again!

You have to make your own decision of which you prefer..

Peace and a fullfilled heart..

Or constant disapproval and a world that is painted black by someone everyday..

Best of luck in your decision..

Hugs, Snoozy

ps..We often remember the good times and forget the bad with a person..remember what made you miserable in the first place! ..don't remember things through rose colored glasses..remember them as they actually were.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

(((((((((((((oompa snoozy)))))))))))

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Does she know about you cheating on her? If so, I don't blame her for leaving.

I hope you get your life together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit