I finally drove off my wonderful jw wife...and i am so sad..

by oompa 47 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I helped her move out this weekend so i must be a masochist too...so on top of losing every friend in my life...i have now lost my wife...and yes i asked her to leave on more than one occasion this year...we have argued for nearly five years about WT crap...nothing i could ever say would make her question ANYTHING!!!! it was beyond frustrating...then this spring when i somehow disassociated myself and even lost my parents i knew i would never have a normal marriage no matter what...all i wanted was a normal marriage with mutual friends...that is off the table as long as she is a JW...but why could i not accept it??? why could i not shut up??? and now i am already feeling so alone...i let a perfectly good woman go...and i already have regrets...but i dont think there was any other way...this is so sad...i will miss her very much...she is a saint........oompa

• cedars
    cedars

Ouch, sounds awful Oompa. You have my sympathies. It's difficult to know what to do in that situation. I suspect there is no right or wrong answer. I guess some wives will put up with it whereas others won't. I hope you manage to rectify the situation if it is salvageable (only you will know whether it is or not), otherwise I hope you recover emotionally as soon as possible.

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your crazy..Stop drinking and get her back..

Geezus Oompa you need a smack..

Smarten up..

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

AWWWWWWWWWW

I'm quite sure it would have ended my marriage if i didn't wake up

Don't know what else to say

FS

• N.drew
    N.drew

I have no right to analyze your situation. I'm so sorry! She is probably an honest person who can not begin to imagine that other persons might have the rancor to mislead a whole crowd of Christ loving human beings. That is good. So now she feels that you are causing her spiritual danger. (That is one of the situations where a spouse might have righteous reason to leave -that is for the readers who don't know). That is a good sign. It means that you are getting through to her. She might have left because what you have said is eroding to her faith. I would suggest you do not do anything hasty. And let her know you understand her predicament. I hope you and she will see the error of it all. Be patient. Hopefully it is true in your case, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• stillin
    stillin

ditto what outlaw said. I'm headed the same direction.

Stillin, your neighbor to the south

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its real heart wrenching to lose someone over any BS religion.

Many have done so.

Does the corrupt WTS. care about broken families and marriages ....... nope !

Its the power and money that they draw out of people with their pretentious lies and tactics of coercion is what they care about,

perceive it as sustainability.

Big corporate businesses $ with an established power structure, rarely have empathy for individuals, even religious ones.

Take Care Oompa

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

So sorry to hear this oompa, just hang in there and lean on people here who have helped you in the pass. Am trying to figure this out myself as the org tries to continue to suck my wife in.

• blondie
    blondie

oompa, I think it is amazing that here we have a thread where the jw wife moves out on her husband, giving up on him. Yet on another a jw wife who has been beaten by her husband is encouraged to stay with him.

WT policies are unbelievable.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm sorry you're hurting, dear Oompa! She may be the best woman on the planet, but if you're not happy and getting along, she's not for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit