Eurozone crisis- the jw's are crowing about it like mad!

by highdose 66 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh gosh how could a JW possibly take this on? This is waaaaaay beyond their scope of understanding.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

sonny.alfaro, welcome to the board. I suspect you are quite young and unfortunately you can't teach experience.

Many of us who have observed and been involved in the JW organisation for many years have learned not to believe everything we were told.

Despite abundant evidence of the reduction in wars and disease, the increasing lifespan of people and the constancy of earthquakes, cults such as the Witnesses ferret around for anything that may confirm their own world view.

Educate yourself, you've got the internet, and don't succumb to intellectual laziness.

I assure you, when you are 60 years old, the dubs will still be screaming about how much worse things are.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Even if this meltdown does cause chaos , war and anarchy it will be JW types who suffer the most in a world where no god manifestly helps and anyone who displays squeamishness or weakness will be targeted early on.

• blondie
    blondie

(Matthew 24:44) . . .On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

(Luke 12:40) . . .YOU also, keep ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think likely the Son of man is coming.”

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can yap all they want about Europe and the United Tyranny of Stupidity (formerly, the United States of America). The Euro is toilet paper, and the dollar in this country is also toilet paper. But I bet you won't hear a peep about Asia, particularly China, where things are doing relatively well. Nor will you hear much about Canada, where their dollar is relatively stable. Or Australia--or New Zealand, where they stand to benefit from Australia's natural resources and New Zealand's upcoming investment boom.

At least, that is, until the Rothschilds manage to get those last countries and islands in the world under their tyrannical control and enslave everyone. At which point, it will do absolutely no good to be Jehovah's Witlesses.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

In the past 20 or so years my father has had about 40 predictions that the great tribulation was going to start in six months. These were fueled by conspiracy theories found on the internet. Remember when the stock market crashed back in 2008? My dad called my wife while I was at work to tell her that in a matter of months I would be out of a job and we would be evicted from our home because of the complete collapse of the financial system. Nearly 4 years later and I have been promoted, twice, and my salary has nearly doubled.

• scotoma
    scotoma

The idea that governments are going to take the money from religion shows their naivete about economics.

Religion has property. So what. The governments have more property than they can manage already.

There is plenty of property and its all cheap because no one has money.

If you destroy all religion it would free up 3% of the GNP which would quickly be spent on entertainment, medical care etc. etc.

Apple has more money than the Vatican.

These scenarios for attacking Religion are the product of a couple crazy men (Russell, Freddy Franz (Rutheford got his crazy ideas from Franz).

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

When you start thinking "how much worse everything is" in the world, go to a place like the Lower East Side Tenement Museum in NYC. See what life was like 100-150 years ago. Which era would you rather live in? As precarious as the world seems today, there's a pretty good chance that if I lived 150 years ago, I wouldn't have made it out of my infancy/childhood to see how much the world sucked.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Alfaro: Welcome. It's good to have you here.

Think about this: When you assert that conditions are "worse than ever," you're implying a comparison. Worse than what? Worse than when? Worse than fifty years ago? One hundred years ago? Five hundred years ago? Moreover, the specific conditions that the Bible foretells as leading to Armaggedon are those that have traditionally plagued humanity: Disease, famine, warfare. And, yes, when those conditions occur simultaneously (as the Bible predicts) and with severity, they produce measurable results: primarily a sharp decrease in population. Demographers have studied historic episodes and found that these conditions do cause populations to drop dramatically.

Has this been the case since 1914? If, in fact, as you assert, conditions (meaning disease, famine and warfare) are "worse than ever," then there should be some measurable, quantifiable evidence of that. It's no good simply batting around numbers (like the WT does) and saying, "100 million people died in warfare in the 20th century." That's fine, but it doesn't really tell you anything, because we need to know what proportion of the population that represented. It's a big number, but there were many more people living during the 20th century than any other time in history. There were more people to kill, to put it plainly. And that very fact--that there were more people around to kill--tells us that the other two factors (disease and famine) were not having the same effect on population that they historically have. In other words, people weren't dying in the numbers/proportions that historically they used to die prior to the 20th century. Why not?

A huge turning point was the development of penicillin around the time of WWI. This meant that people might catch a bacterial infection, but they wouldn't die of it. Moreover, medical knowledge meant that mothers and infants weren't dying in childbirth. And better transportation, communication and agricultural methods meant that food could be transported across greater distances, meaning people weren't dying from famine they way they used to. NOTE: I'm not saying that nobody was dying of disease and famine. What I'm saying is that the historic proportions of people dying (compared to the total number of people alive globally) was much, much lower.

I've got to go, or I'd add more. What I suggest you do is some solid research on historic mortality rates. Cheers!

• cofty
    cofty

Dont worry sonny.afaro its not going to happen. The bible does not contain a single genuine prophecy - not one. Stuff happens; always has - always will do.

The world has never been so good and the potential for the future is looking good. All this exageration and apocalyptic mentality is jw conditioning, you will get over it in time as long as you don't keep watching Faux News or listening to TV evangelists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit