Eurozone crisis- the jw's are crowing about it like mad!

by highdose 66 Replies latest jw friends

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

yes, sonny afro, it is farfetched. Criticism of modern times stems from ignorance of history. The past always looks better than the present no matter how terrible the past was. You must still have the witness fear instilled in you. When I look at the future, I see challenges, but also something too bright to imagine. The darkness you see is the fear the WT put into you.

• yesidid
    yesidid

May I suggest you read what the Watchtower had predicted during other world emergencies.

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/88c.htm

Here is an extensive list of their predictions:

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/88.htm

Note that there are six pages of predictions (about 300) all of which failed.

• steve2
    steve2

But we can't deny the fact that the situation in the world is dire right now...and getting worse day-by-day

Um, no it ain't. Open your eyes to the historical - not the hysterical - view: Go back a few centuries to the time of the Crusades when your life was literally imperiled if you espoused the "wrong" religion. Go back to the earlier ages when diseases ran rampant, infant mortality was high and very few people lived to middle age.

Your eyes are too firmly fixed on a non-historical view of Europe - a continent that has been ravaged by bloodshed, poverty and pestiliences over the centuries that make the present "hyper" talk about a global meltdown look like a child's tantrum.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, where do I start? You see, this Armaggedon coming is very tricky. Yes, Babylon the Great has to be destroyed, but that one is also tricky.

Then it's that cry of "Peace and Security", that's the trickiest one of all. Hindsight is really good you know. We will be in a better position to tell you when it came, after it came. But, for now, you have to know that it is really, really, really close.

• steve2
    steve2

JWs have their predictions both ways:

If there's an absence of peace and security among the nations, JWs declare it's a sign the end's near

If there's an emerging movement towards peace and security among the nations, JWs declare it's a sign the end's near.

The saddest part of all this is that, yes, the end does come, but not to the collective nations and governments but to each individual's life span. Forever expecting the end of the nations, the witnesses are least prepared for their own eventual "end" because they fooled themselves into believing it would happen within their own lifespan, generation after generation after generation after generation.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    this Armaggedon coming is very tricky.
    Babylon the Great has to be destroyed, but that one is also tricky.
    that cry of "Peace and Security", that's the trickiest one of all.

A trick maybe?

• sonny.alfaro
    sonny.alfaro

Actually, the possibility of a global financial meltdown is no longer a JW prediction, but has been on the news from the past few years since the start of the GFC.

Not to mention the disastrous effect of global warming, causing extreme weather and also affecting the human food chain.

And Armageddon is not a JW prophecy, rather, a biblical prophecy, isn't it? The problem was the JWs put a date on it, which basically failed to eventuate. But if the bible is true, then, there really is Armageddon, the final showdown between good and evil.

I think since we are so convinced that the JWs have made failed date predictions of existing biblical prophecies, we ended up denying even the truthfulness of these biblical prophecies.

Even putting the bible aside, world conditions are getting worse undeniably, and i mean on a "global" scale. Like what i said, what if we actually wake up one morning and bible prophecies are actually true?

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

What if you woke up one morning and the Quran's prophecies were true? What if what if what if.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Jonathan, that one should be discussed on the X-Muslim website

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

Haha this reminds me of the pastor at my church. He keeps using everything that's going on to say "Oh, it's the end of the world!! Jesus is coming back to save us!!!" Okay... If I actually get anyone to go to church with me, they'll be convinced we're a bunch of loonies. We probably are. I might need a new church. :P

For anyone who is Christian, I liked what one pastor I listen to on the radio sometimes said: "People have been saying we're in the end days for 2000 years. Everyone else was wrong. The people today probably are, too." But there are a bunch of Bible dudes everywhere saying it's the end of the world. They need to chill out and just let it happen when it does... if they believe in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit