DO YOU BELIEVE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES "SHUNNING" OF MINORS IS CHILD ABUSE?

by Balaamsass 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

It would be great if we could help put an end to this Barbaric practice by posting disfellowshipping of minors on this site, and have members report this child abuse to local authorites. Can you imagine the power of just a few dozen site members calling the local authorities? The local elders would think twice before doing it again. THE PRESS WOULD LOVE THIS.

What do you think?

• sosad
    sosad

Hi. I have not posted in years - although i do check in and lurk from time to time. I am sadnessed and compelled to post - i was dfed at 16 having been baptised at 12. The elders were lecherous, note taking demons at my jc. I was the victim of a teacher using his position unspeakably. I also had an age appropriate jw boyfriend prior to this terrible situation - of course he was an elders son and connected in the cong. We were the poor, barely paying for our magazines family. My heart is sick to even think of the 14/15/16 year old i was and what i lived through.

I finally confessed to them because i was done- he tried to commit suicide in front of me, his wife was pregnant, my friend (same age, unbaptised jw with an age appropriate non - jw boyfriend) was found out by her parents, i had a life threatening eating disorder that i kept hidden.

They dfed me - brilliantly and completely. I was so freaked out i just answered all their questions - no tears - big no no they told my dad. I also came to the jc meetings in jeans (after school)- I should have changed.

They specifically told me i was NOT ALLOWED to go to the police, or to consider anything this pig did to be wrong in any way - after all, he was a worldly man and I should have known better.

This was a small town, rural Canada. I was not allowed to speak to any jw, have any association with anyone else, speak to anyone about this at all....the details are chilling really when i think about it.

The jw organization is evil. The way they treat their children is worse than evil.

I was 16. There was a teacher - a wonderful woman that I love to this day - that helped me, without knowing anything. Without her i would have killed myself.

To this day - i am faded, 45, and happy - my jw parents still say i was in the wrong and should have known better.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Some four months ago this thread discussed this topic, including the youngest baptized person (6 years old) and the youngest disfellowshipped person (13 years old). I find it heartbreaking to hold these youngsters hostage.

Unfortunately, the following illustration is totally plauseable.

Len

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

While "baptized at a single-digit age" is becoming more commonplace, I have never ever heard of anyone under the age of 16 or so getting DF'ed.

My old neighbor was baptized at 12 and DF'd at 13. 30 years later, he was still being shunned.---for a decision he made when he was 12. He worked and took care of his family, and was a very good neighbor even though he respectfully acknowledged my "right" to shun him. I didn't.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I.e., the OP seems to be a hysterical screed against a practice that almost never occurs. It would be far more productive to aim your barbs at practices that affect far more people (pedophile cover-ups, loss of life over blood transfusion refusals, emotional abuse, etc.)

This is a strange thing to say. So a few suicides and destroyed lives are less important than a larger number of suicides and destroyed lives? I'm trying not to put motives behind what you say, but one poster said his sister died because of shunning, and another said they know of young girls who run away and become "at risk", and you don't think it is productive to speak about?

NC

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

New Chapter, you read my mind

So Sad, you were victomized 3 times, by the purp, the JC, and worst of all by your parents. Glad you are out!

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit