DO YOU BELIEVE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES "SHUNNING" OF MINORS IS CHILD ABUSE?

by Balaamsass 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have been reading countless heartbreaking accounts on this site of children of Jehovah's Witnesses being "disfellowshipped" and shunned by entire families, their congregations, basicly everyone they have ever known for simply questioning their PARENT'S RELIGION!!. Some have been tossed out of family homes to live in cars!!! This is NOT Christian. This practice is Cultish, Barbaric and ILLEGAL in civilized countries!! All it takes is a private report to your local Police and the Child's school to tie up thousands of Elders, and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society with criminal investigations. It could pave the way for these countless victims to sue for Child abuse, and violation of human rights. This could help them obtain needed food, clothing and shelter. The Watchtower's current rantings that "Apostates are worthy of Death" must be simply terrifying to any child.

What do you think?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Of course it is. Many years ago even unbabtized children were shunned as well. When this happened to a family member of mine I was informed that the school councilor was appalled. The child already had mental health issues. Being shunned just made things worse. Children under the age of 18 shouldn't be allowed to be baptized in the 1st place as they aren't old enough in the US to enter into a contract.Baptism is lifelong commitment with fareaching consequences. Perfect Jesus was 30 when he dedicated himself. What does that tell us? That God waited too long? Hardly! To enforce adult standards and punishments on children is abusive, criminal, and needs to be reported and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Absolutly

and the parents should have 'child abuser' branded into their foreheads.

oz

• talesin
    talesin

Yes,,, and so is getting thrown out of your home the day you turn 18.

Children are to be nurtured and cherished, not controlled and treated as slaves.

tal

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I am so glad my daughter knows she has a second home available to her anytime she needs it, If her mother and stepfather kick her out at least she can maintain her school and friends from the safety of our home.

all kids deserve loving guidance and support to grow up to their potential, not a set of stupid rules designed to stunt them.

oz

• wobble
    wobble

YES!!! and it needs publicising, JW's like to keep this disgusting and unscriptural practise a secret, let the world know !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The official policy is that they are not shunned unless they have left home.

Any Dub that kicks a kid out is going beyond what is written by the GB.

Once out, they are better off being shunned than they would be at home being subjected to emotional blackmail to join the cult.

You can't legislate to force a member of a high control cult to sit down with their kid and have a sensible conversation about issues they are frightened to confront.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Shunning a minor would be neglect. I am certain that the way the JW's treated her when she was 13 years and the events that led up to that is what caused her early death, and my brother shortly followed her, it was more pain then they could bare and God give them a way out.

I was wondering why me and my younger brother are still alive and may be because when our bible study teacher told us he would whip us if we did not make a comment the next time he give us a bible study we hid from him in the bushes.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I left out the words treated my sister

sorry

• trueblue
    trueblue

It just dawned on me, sense shunning a child is neglect and neglect is child abuse there is also such a thing called elderly abuse so shunning the elderly would be mental abuse towards the elderly and frail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit