Those of us who left the WT for less than noble reasons

by Aussie Oz 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JAFO
    JAFO

So far as I'm concerned, o bro of mine.. you got out for the most noble of reasons..

"Above all else, to thine own self be true."

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Why? Life is PRACTICAL and any lifestyle (yes, Religion is a Lifestyle!) that is anti-human needs is poisonous.

Does any drowning man make gentle choices?

• JAFO
    JAFO
    transhuman68: Ultimately I think the goal is to be an ex-exJW, so terms like 'apostate' will have no meaning, and the reason why you left won't even matter.

Absolutely.. I reached that point many years ago.. (and it feels good, people!) the only reason I'm even at JWN is to be at my brother's (Aussie Oz) side during his journey..

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have often thought the people who left for the first-line reasons (self-deprivation, sad lifestyle) in many respects made a smarter decision than those of us who tolerated the self-deprivation but then later left due to doctrinal type issues.

You guys just weren't overthinking it as much as some of us did.

I think you're not giving yourself enough credit.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK
    "To thine own self be true" sounds pretty noble to me.

true.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There many people who did leave for noble reason, for we could see the damage this religious cult was causing people to endure.

It is true though that the ever controlling and oppressive aspect of this religion does cause people, particularly young ones to leave

and explore the things that were so forbidden to partake in outside of the organization.

Unfortunately for some this letting lose of certain restrictions lead them into some pretty destructive behaviors that became

overtime regrettable personal endeavorers. I can say for myself that I was one of those who had to test what was out there

in my emergence into adulthood and away from the orgaization in doing so I also came to realize there are some damaging things outside

of there organization as well.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Now I know why I come back here to see these encouraging posts of reassurance. :)

• chickpea
    chickpea

my reason for drinking the k00l-aid was the same
    as my reason for leaving... i needed to do what i
    believed to be best for my child/children

at the outset, having buried a son and a brother
    within a single calendar year, i WANTED what they
    were selling.... a paradise to welcome back my lost
    and loved....

at the end of the deception, i needed to be the
    openly accepting and loving parent my then 15
    YO transgender son needed me to be

purely selfish reasons to which some will ascribe character..

i did what i did for my own sake... i could not have lived with myself otherwise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit