Our dog Princess was put to sleep today :(

by factfinder 39 Replies latest jw friends

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

I am so very sorry factfinder. I have four dogs who are like children to me.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Skeeter1-

Thank you. I am very sorry you lost both of your beloved pets this year, and that one had to be put to sleep. That is very sad.

talley-

Thank you! That is a nice quote. If humans go to heaven, then our beloved pets who give us so much unconditional love deserve to be there to.

darthfader-

thank you very much!

found sheep-

We feel just like you do. Our pets are family members, they are our babies! Thank you very much!

THANK YOU everyone for your kind concern and encouragement.

• factfinder
    factfinder

scooterspank-

Thank you! I hope your 4 precious babies will be healthy and be with you for a long time to come.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm so sorry.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I am very sorry to hear that. :(

One of my favorite quotes: "Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
    - Mark Twain"

A dog is the epitome of what a friend is. It would give its life for you...and would never in a million years stab you in the back.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I know how difficult it is our little old lady cat died last month and our hearts are broken.

• Open mind
    Open mind

So very sorry for your loss.

Wishing you healing and happiness down the line.

om

• compound complex
    compound complex

I'm sorry for your loss, factfinder.

Our family lost 3 dogs in one year so I understand how you must sorrow. I walk dogs as part of my current work program - that's good!

CoCo des Chiens

• LV101
    LV101

So very sorry --- if life isn't difficult enough to lose our best friends and, in my opinion, the only unconditional love in the world. I don't think I can go through this heartache again and know I need to toughen up to have the privilege of owning another dog. I lost my turtle of 25 yrs. and my dog within a 3 month period of time (and my Dad -- not a good year!) and maybe adopting more pets that are in dire need of good homes help alleviate pain.

Time does help --- best to you.

LV101

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

This is my first post. I have been lurking on this boiard for awhile, but I finally broke down and joined so I could post to you about the loss of Princess. I too recently lost my dog, he was not “just a dog” anymore that you could say “just a wife” or “just a child”, he was a family member. I don't know you but I do want you to know that I feel for you. Here is one of my favorite quotes about dogs, I hope you like it: "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit