Our dog Princess was put to sleep today :(

by factfinder 39 Replies latest jw friends

• mamamo
    mamamo

Here is a link to a website I really like. They are celebrating the number 11 today and this article is about 11 soldiers being welcomed home by their dogs. (The one that has cats, well the cats couldn't care less).

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/106498

We had our older dog put down abot a year ago. This was a really hard one, she had been brought up with my two teenagers. All of my best to you.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

RIP Princess. Very sorry you lost your furbaby. ((((HUGS))))

• leavingwt
  • Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

factfinder,

The hardest part of being owned by a pet is when they die. We grieve for them just as much as any human member of our family. I've had many dogs and cats through the years and I've mourned every one that died.

I second what talesin said that our pets teach us unconditional love.

Reopened Mind

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Pets enrich our lives by accepting us and loving us unconditionally. They stick with us through the highs and the lows.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am so sorry. I lost both of my dogs this year, and had to put one of them to sleep. It is a very difficult time. In time, you will heal and be able to welcome another furry friend into your home.

Skeeter

• talley
    talley

I am so sorry for your loss of Princess. It seems that are pets are the ones that give us unconditional love and leave such a hole in our hearts when they die. I like this quote by Will Rogers and use it as a sig line.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

• darthfader
    darthfader

Reading about the loss of our loved ones and pets makes me take a moment and reflect on just how fortunate we are to be alive.

FactFinder, thank you for sharing your words with us. My sincerest condolences.

DarthFader.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I love my pets like family!!!! All the peace and love to you....

• factfinder
    factfinder

@mammamo-

Thank you very much! I am very sorry your older dog had to be put to sleep. Yes, it is very hard.

3rdgen-

Thank you very much. (((Hugs)))

@leavingwt-

Thank you.

@Reopened Mind-

I'm sorry that you too lost many beloved cats and dogs. Yes, Talesin mentioned a good point- our pets show us unconditional love. Thank you.

@Quandry-

Thank you. Yes, our pets stick with us no matter what. They are precious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit