Our dog Princess was put to sleep today :(

by factfinder 39 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I miss her very much. :(

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Factfinder,

I know the hurt. Sorry you lost Princess. C.S. Lewis wrote in his one his books that as Christ allows humans to be resurrected, perhaps our cherished pets are too from the love of humans. It sounds sappy. My dog became an obsession during a serious illness. She alone did not care how I was doing --she demanded her rights. She treated the same - well or unwell. I adored taking care of her when I could barely care for myself.

You must have tons of wonderful memories of Princess. Our dog was obsessed with the neighbor's dog named Princess. I imagine she was quite the princess.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

So sorry Factfinder. I am a dog lover and I fondly remember every four legged friend from the time I was 5. They become almost like children to us. I wish they lived longer. Warm wishes.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Band on the Run-

Thank you! I was thinking earlier about how, on the second day after we adopted Princess, my dad accidentally let her run away. We live on a very busy intersection and main highway and I was worried sick I'd find her lying in the street dead. I found her around 7 houses down the block in a neighbors yard. I called to her and she came running right back to me! I was so happy as I carried her home.

We had Princess for 9 years. It was my brother & sister's decision to have her put to sleep, she has mouth pain due to bad teeth and has had arthritis in her legs since they had one of her front legs amputated about a year ago- so they decided it was time. I was against it as she still gets around and eats her food and enjoys her treats. We buried her this after noon. She was a wonderful doggy-a good girl.

Back in 1989 while I was still a very active witness, we had to have our dear puppy Tippy put to sleep. She had kidney failure and uremic poisening. It was so heartbreaking. I prayed to Jehovah to please remember Tippy in the resurrection. I was told that God will only resurrect humans and I was so hurt and felt that is so unfair. My love for Jehovah greatly deminished from that time forward.

It would be so wonderful if we could regain our beloved pets again. Thank you for the encouragement Band on the Run!

I am sorry that your puppy got ill. You showed great love taking care of him. I am sure he loved the life he had with you.

• talesin
    talesin

Our four-legged family members teach us the true meaning of unconditional love. I am so sorry for your loss, and that it wasn't your choice must really be hurting right now. (((ff)))

tal

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Balaamsass-

Thank you very much. We feel just like you do-our pets are like our children, our babies. I'm sure the doggys that you had since you were 5 were very happy living with you and the love you showed them.

I too wish they lived much longer.

Thank you very much!

• factfinder
    factfinder

@talesin-

Thank you very much!

I feel very sad for Princess. Her life was cut short too soon.

(((tal)))

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm so sorry for your loss. It takes time to grieve for them. Hopefully,the good memories of Princess will give you some comfort.

• Ding
    Ding

So sorry, FF. Pets are members of the family.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Emptyinside-

Thank you! I hope so too!

@Ding-

Thank you!

Yes, pets are members of our families. It is so strange that, just this morning she was here with us, walking around, eating her treats, and now...she is dead and buried. I miss her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit