Ridiculous elder ideas and rules

by Juan Viejo2 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh and the music. They made comments constantly as to what music was acceptable and what was not. They would go through my CD's when they visited my apt. I started to hide CD's back then and it really bugged my conscience back then.

Along with that, no music while in the ministry

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

WH. LOL

I was told my Classical Holst CD was Bad because it was about the Planets!

thanx OOdad ...I knew I spelled it wrong LOL.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wha happened? - I knew your ex-FIL was a lunatic, control-freak but I didn't know it went that far!!!

Too crazy!

So what was with the "No one is allowed to associatte with other JW's from other congregations"? Did he even have an explanation for such ridiculous nonsense? Probably didn't want you to learn "the Truth" about how other congregations worship!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Charlie, that's because Pluto is not a planet! Clearly Holst was an apostate, that and what's with the 5/4 time in Mars - more evidence that he was a rebellious trouble maker!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

If a brother miss pronounced a word All the sisters had to say it that way after?????

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

It's pretty clear to me that elder groups (and this would include the Governing Body, COs and DOs) who choose to enforce every rule to the letter and make up rules as they go along are the modern antitype of the Pharisees of Jesus' time period.

Why the leaders of the Watchtower can not see that fact in the way they encourage and train MS and elders confuses me.

It's all about rules. There have been many previous posts that outline and list the numerous rules enforced by local elder bodies. What are they thinking? The meetings are boring enough and field service has become a farce. Assemblies and conventions offer nothing new, nothing dramatic - just long boring rehashes of old information presented by higher level elders and WT leadership.

It seems that the Watchtower is targeting anyone who would like to make the process more interesting or even just a little more reasonable.

JV

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

00DAD, I haven't even scratched the surface.

I never got an explanantion for the association problem with other JW's from other congregations. I speculate that he had the same proplem as the GB. Anyone who looks outside the group might find a different answer. Believe me, I studied and was baptized in this cong so I thought this was how it worked. I was shocked when I moved to White Oak. People would actually greet me and shake my hand.

I don't know if u remember the 25-30 publishers that left all at once. It was beciuase I left along with his daughter to a different cong and I was the only one to have the balls to do it. That's why White oak received about 30 cards. And BTW, we all received negative information on our cards. Even his own pioneer daughter, and anyone serving at the time.

Then for months afterwards, different elders would bug me to return and stop all the shennagins. I made my point, now be a man and come back to Woodley park.

Oh and one brother decided to have a formal dance. From the platform we were told not to attend. Those who did lost their privilkedges and the brother who threw the formal couldn't serve in the cong he left to in another state because of what they wrote on him

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

"A sister may NEVER correct a brother. And I mean NEVER"

Wow!!!! I can't believe someone actually remebered that one! Yeah. I was married at 19 and finally grew up at 30. I woke up one day when my husband corrected me in front of some brothers. I had to ask IN FRONT OF THEM, "WHO IN THE HELL YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKIN'TO?!!!" Oh, yes!!! I was done! Think about it! You can have sex like a grown a$$ adult BUT you can have a conversation with grown a$$ men????!!!! Paleeeeze!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Found sheep, yes.

Not kidding. In bookstudy, one brother pronounce Hyperbole like "hyper-bowl" Although the sisters knew the correct pronounciation, the followed his lead.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

No Fortune Cookies at Chinese restaurants because, well duh! - it's fortune telling!!!

Fortune Cookie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit