What Drug Helps You Cope With Your Mentally Diseased Apostate Mind?

by AvocadoJake 43 Replies latest jw friends

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

College, exericise, reading, sports, beer, women, men, or drugs?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Coffee and knitting

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

coffee, coffee, more coffee & beer oh and women, sometimes reading, did I mention coffee?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i am badly addicted to: www.jehovahs-witness.net

does anyone know of a cure, bcoz it's depressing me

• sizemik
    sizemik

All of those listed, in appropriate amounts . . . all at the same time if possible.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Lexapro helps me tremendously. I also get a prescription of Xanax from the Doctor, but I very rarely take them, maybe one or two a month. I now have over 400 stocked up from not taking them, and many months I don't even bother getting them refilled because I use them so rarely. I am thinking about doing an art project with them, maybe some type of mosaic made out of Xanax. The Lexapro works so well that my anxiety is kept to a minimum most days.

I don't drink or do any illegal drugs at all, except for a glass of wine maybe 3-4 times a year. A lot of people think that alcohol helps with depression, but it has the opposite effect on people if they are depressed. I used to drink more, but it never really did anything for me so I quit. That was several years ago.

Therapy has also helped, and I was going weekly until recently. I am going to try and see if I can get by without seeing him anymore. Hopefully between the Lexapro and the emotional support from my Partner as well as friends, I will be able to get by.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

in the 90s I was on Amitriptyline for my anxiety, for me it was a nasty little drug, I put that much weight on 17 stone, couldn't sleep I was awake until 4am most mornings then up at 5:45am to get to work

& the shakes, god, I never experienced anything like them b4, one day standing in the que at the post office hell I almost lost it totally, the assistant made me go and sit down out the back

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

FSP, I know what you mean about the weight gain. I have gained about 50 pounds in the past 5 years that I have been on Lexapro. No matter how much I diet or exercise the weight will not go away. Unfortunately the weight gain is a side effect for many different antidepressants and antianxiety medications. It is just one of those things that I have to deal with to keep sanity!!!

I am sorry that the amitriptyline didn't work out well for you. It sounds like you had a rough time while you were taking it. It took several years and many different meds before I found one that actually worked well with the least side effects. Some of the ones I have tried had very bad side effects and there were times when I could not tell whether I was awake or asleep and dreaming. Many people give up because they can't find the one that is best for them that suits well and works. It takes a lot of trial and error sometimes before finding the right one, and there are so many to choose from nowadays!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Wow fsp . . . I didn't realise we'd both walked that line.

I went through a lot of drug changes early 2000's. Risperidone and venlafaxin were rough for me. I went bush for 4 days once to get out cause I was red lining constantly. I don't use any now. Recreation is good . . . doing stuff that matters, in moderation and with pleasure.

So very true OHC.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

SEX & DRUGS AND ROCK ROLL!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit