What is the spark that powers Evolution?

by N.drew 173 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Given the time scale that we have been able to document the living human body, both inside and out, there isn't enough information to give you an answer.

What you are asking is like taking War and Peace, opening it up to a random page, showing a student a single letter on the page, then asking them to explain how it began and ended.

Now to take this further. A priest, not knowing, would make up a story and assert that it must be right, where as a scientist would start to read the book to find out. Given enough time, who's account would you trust?

As a species, we've just started reading the book of life. You can either start reading for yourself, or walk over to the fiction section and pick whatever sounds pretty to you. You can assert that it must be true because it has a beginning, an end, and a pretty cover.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

good morning

here is another suggestion, N.Drew, and this takes on board your ring theory by suggesting that success and error is the spark that powers evolution. And for a demonstration of evolution I suggest HIV. Its parasitic nature and abilitiy to mutate are key to its success but this comes with mutative errors that threaten its own existence. The mutations that happen within the virus are examples of evolution. the virus does not die of its errors becuse it mutates very very fast. the beneficial mutations that escape the body's defences outweigh the erroneous ones that would kill the virus itself.

Mutations usually happen very slowly -for examples in our own genes we have error correcting mechanisms in all of our cells which go into action when the blueprint is replicated. If we did not have these mecahisms you would see us mutating,evolving, living and dying at the same time - ring wipple.

Howsat

• cofty
    cofty

Richard Lenski's long term eColi experiment is a good example of what you are asking for Ndrew I doubt if you have the patience to study it but you never know

http://sciblogs.co.nz/griffins-gadgets/2010/03/17/lenski-and-his-50000-generations-of-e-coli/

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hello! I had an inspiration of conundrum. I thank you all for helping. Am I a total troll? I don't think so. I understand that the evolving of living things is an active occurrence. I don't even have to study it. The conundrum is this. The appendix might be the thing I am looking for if it is on it's way in. I tend to believe the intelligent authority (fooled you, didn't I?) that say it has no function at present. If it is on it's way IN for function later, then it is the one example I was asking for. But if it is on it's way OUT, this is called a conumdrum. The reason it is a conundrum is we don't know what it did. Can no one see the irony? Evolution which is unintelligent to the zero degree knows what it is, but human intelligence with experiment (I'm assuming) and observation DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS. So in human's haughty haughtiness (I think my father was a troll haha) That would make me a bitch I know I know. So in mankind's haughty haughtiness they say it isn't for anything, never was, never will be.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

evolution DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING! there is no such thing as "in the way in" or something that'll eventually "function later"! evolution is just a name for a process we can observe, evolution does not do anything, evolution happens.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    evolution does not do anything, evolution happens.

I know! no intelligence=knows nothing. That is correct, thank you Mr. J. Hofer. Your explaination of how living things appeared is why some people believe in God, isn't it?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Check out page 6 of this thread, http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/218096/6/What-is-the-spark-that-powers-Evolution

N. Drew says something some people saying evolution should have ended once the ability to reproduce developed. TheClarinetists asks "Source? That's a new one to me."

N. Drew immediately says "Source? That's a new one to me also."

If you are going to create and posts arguments for yourself to debate from two accounts, make sure to use the right account or not double post the rebuttal from the wrong account.

As Rick Perry said, "Oops."

I didn't say evolution would stop once reproduction became possible. It was an example of adjusting to the environment. Which is hard work so reproduction organs appeared and once they started to do their job, reproduction organs did not have to develope into reproduction organs anymore because they are now production organs. That's what I meant. They might get better. I understand they are getting worse. So biological change is still happening on them, but not for reproduction, because the organs already know hoe to do that. So they need not change anymore to become capable of reproduction. That's all.

*comedy school? Is there such a thing? No, writing? No, I couldn't decide what and where even if I wanted to go. And What if I've evolved into a higher life form? Wouldn' it be silly to go back to school to learn better my old life form?

Now we're a thread in a thread. If you click the thread above, it will bring you back here. It's just another way to get back a page.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

Your explaination of how living things appeared is why some people believe in God, isn't it?

evolution is not about how living things appeared!

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

reproduction organs didn't form to become reproduction organs somewhen later. and reproduction organs do NOT KNOW ANYTHING either. and evolution does not have terms like "better" or "worse" in the sense you use it. there's no higher goal behind it. species either survive by adapting to environmental changes or they go extinct. some mutations are beneficial for survival, so they are kept in the gene pool by not going extinct.

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK Mr. Nik Picker, evolution is about the parts of things that appeared. No? Then what? A whole god damn science discipline to explain black and white and other differences? And some people say Christians are wasting their time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit