Should Joe Paterno resign over the Penn State child sex abuse scandal?

by james_woods 85 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I am glad Paterno did have the option to retire with dignity (Even though I have held him in very high esteem for most of my life)

Thats not what they said on the news this morning - what I saw said they kicked him out immediately after he offered to retire at the end of the season. Speculation is starting on who will be the permanent replacement, a replacement for this season is already named.

Or, did you mean to type "didn't have the option to retire with dignity"?

It looks like more scandels may be coming. Rumor has it that Sandusky pimped out the boys to wealthy Penn State donors.

Good GAWD - do you have a link on any source for that? If that is even half true, then many heads will surely roll.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I meant to say "I am glad he did notretire with dignity" sorry

• Magwitch
  • No Room For George
    No Room For George

I'm wondering if when Paterno stated yesterday or the day before that he would retire at the end of the season, that his statement was scripted without any input from the powers that be at PSU because Joe was attempting to gain some kind of leverage. It seems kinda odd for him to make a statement that he's retiring at the end of the season which leaves the public with the vague idea that PSU is allowing him to do so, and then the following night PSU contradicts that vague idea by simply firing the guy.

On a side note, it's difficult to keep up with things anymore. There's too much going on. The second I start reading about Greece, then the Paterno thing happens, which thankfully overshadowed the Michael Jackson thing, but then there's the Herman Cain thing, along with the Republican thing, and then at the KH there's this thing, or that thing. Sheesh, it's so much anymore.

• simon17
    simon17

Rumors now but it is in the press: http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

note the person spreading the rumor wrote most of what we are just now finding in the linked article in April so he has been months ahead of this story and ignored.

Frankly I don't understand how such things could possibly even come into discussion with these high powered donors. I'll believe it only with more evidence because now I dont even want to believe it could be true.

There is absolutely more to this cover up. Multiple powerful people knew A LOT about how horrible this man was for many years.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Paterno has been a God for too long. He thought he could do anything he wanted - including retiring with dignity. I admired and loved him and what he accomplished. However, as soon as I heard of the cover-up, I was happy he was kicked to the curb. This is what should happen to the JW elders and anyone else that do not protect the defenseless ones.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Unbelievable - and like Magwitch and others here - I actually respected Paterno before this came out.

There had to have been the almighty mother of all cover-ups to let this boil fester for so many years before it made the news.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

How did the wealthy donors come to find out that Penn State had a child sex ring for hire?

Can you imagine that yearly donor drive call! I get a call each year, and I give a few bucks. I am just asked to donate. I don't get even get a t-shirt. What did Penn State say? Oh, donate $50,000 and get a 7 year old boy?

This is truly sick. The higher ups had to know alot of this was going on, and they had to orchestrate it too.

SICK, SICK, SICk

Skeeter

p.s. What do you want to bet the WTS uses this as another reason to not attend college or play football?

• simon17
    simon17

"How did the wealthy donors come to find out that Penn State had a child sex ring for hire?"

Yeah thats why I don't know if I believe those reports yet... I don't see how that could be possible

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Skeeter1..

donate $50,000 and get a 7 year old boy
    Thanks for making me laugh. I have been absolutely seething over this since it broke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit