How did plants survive the Flood?

by dgp 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dgp
    dgp

One more thing. If we flilled the entire Earth up to 16,000 feet or so, (assuming it wasn't all under water), that massive amount of FRESH WATER would have diluted the concentration of salts by some significant percentage. How did saltwater fish survive?

Where did all that water go?

• cantleave
    cantleave

DGP - Jehovah took care of it all! He works in mysterious ways you know.....

• elderelite
    elderelite

Ps- i respect your faith and your perspective and do not wish to appear flippiant or disrespectfull, but i have hard time accepting your answer and then stil lacceptng the bible as inspired of god.

It is reminicient of Luke finding out Darth Vader is his father and obi wan kenobi saying he didnt lie, his was dead, "from a certain point of view". You answer essentially says the bible is right "from a certain poimt of view"....

But if its inspired of god then he KNEW for a fact that the whole world was not destroyed...so why the lies and misrepresentation? The story has value no matter what, so why not be truth full... Sodom and gamorah is not portayed as the whole world but still used as an example...

The bible holds it as fact and even talks of all man decending thru the eight that survived. I cannot reconcile it 'from a certain point of view' anymore than i can the "prophet" of islam riding a flying horse as being true from a certain point of view...

There was no flood that destroyed the world, no ark that kept 8 people alive along with all the animals to repopulate the world amd damn sure no logical explanation to cover plants and fish. From any point of view

• jam
    jam

Come on people, don,t you know the Grand Canyon was

created by the flood, less then 5000 yrs. ago, proof there

was A flood.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Ps- i respect your faith and your perspective and do not wish to appear flippiant or disrespectfull, but i have hard time accepting your answer and then stil lacceptng the bible as inspired of god.

Not ALL the bible is inspired writing, what is inspired about Chronicles for example?

It is reminicient of Luke finding out Darth Vader is his father and obi wan kenobi saying he didnt lie, his was dead, "from a certain point of view". You answer essentially says the bible is right "from a certain poimt of view"....

I am saying that the Genre of writing MUSTbe taken into account when we interpret it.

But if its inspired of god then he KNEW for a fact that the whole world was not destroyed...so why the lies and misrepresentation? The story has value no matter what, so why not be truth full... Sodom and gamorah is not portayed as the whole world but still used as an example...

It would be a lie and misrepresentation IF God had said that, but what we have is the typical writing of the genre in which the "whole world" is used to describe "all the people that the story applies too" and that the description of the flood "covering the highest mountain" is typical of that type of writing.

Not saying I am right mind you, just that it is a valid interpretation.

The bible holds it as fact and even talks of all man decending thru the eight that survived. I cannot reconcile it 'from a certain point of view' anymore than i can the "prophet" of islam riding a flying horse as being true from a certain point of view...

You have a valid point.

There was no flood that destroyed the world, no ark that kept 8 people alive along with all the animals to repopulate the world amd damn sure no logical explanation to cover plants and fish. From any point of view

I agree that there was no flood that covered ALL the planet Earth but what I am saying is that there is no need to read it as such since there is no evidence that ancient man thought there was more to the Earth than what HE KNEW to be the Earth/world.

Now, one can argue that God, if he was speaking to ancient man, could have indeed made it clear that what happened was local because of what was happening there but the issue is that it wasn't local to Noah's land, as the stories of floods fromother nations suggest and the issue is also that for the genre of writing, I don't think the writers that put the oral transmitted story on "paper", would have viewed it any other way.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Recent ground-breaking research has revealed that most plant species are remarkably resilient and recover almost immediately from fictitious floods.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Here are all your answers DGP: http://creation.com/how-did-fish-and-plants-survive-the-genesis-flood

Also seeds in the rotting bodies of humans and animals would have made it as well. Seeds can lie dorment and survive in Salt water for a long time.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I have another question: why did plants survived and dinosaurs not???

• undercover
    undercover

why did plants survived and dinosaurs not

God caused the flood because all the dinos were eating the vegetation. At the rate they were producing, they would have eaten all the food and stomped all the peoples so god had to kill em so man could re-populate and have all the new vegetation that sprang up afterwards...

See how easy it is to write Bible Stories?

Tune in next week to see how god created light with just two double A batteries and a piece of wire. The reading will be taken from MacGyver 1...

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Well, if the raptors were eating all the people, why was there any need for a flood???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit