Victoria, Australia: Results of November 8th Steven Unthank's Court Hearing

by AndersonsInfo 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I sent the following email to the Director of Public Prosecutions in Victoria, Australia today. I don't know if it will do any good, but at least I did something that I feel is constructive instead of b*tching about the WTBTS. Let the fires burn brightly!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Dear John Champion SC,

I respectfully request that the Office of Public Prosecutions Victoria take over prosecuting from Steven Unthank of Steven Unthank versus the Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses (CID B12083527 ), Christian Congregation Of Jehovah's (CID B12083108), Faithful And Discreet Slave (CID B12083367), Watch Tower Bible And Tract Society (CID B12083833), and Watchtower Bible And Tract Society (CID B12082206) . Steven Unthank has done a fantastic prosecution to date, but is not as well trained to prosecute the aforementioned cases as the Office of Public Prosecutions is. A joint effort with the Office of Public Prosecutions in the lead prosecutors role and Steven Unthank as subject matter expert would increase the possibility of successfully winning the aforementioned cases.

Although the prosecution of the Watchtower and its leaders may appear insignificant, it may have much broader ramifications when viewing the international reach and history of the Watchtower. Please view the following web pages to understand how the Watchtower and its leaders operate: http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/bulgaria-blood-transfusions.php, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAC9kS_EqM, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/war-of-words-breaks-out-among-jehovahs-witnesses-2361448.html. The Watchtower is a dangerous cult as defined by Steve Hassan in his book Combatting Cult Mind Control and viewing his website http://www.freedomofmind.com/. To understand a dangerous cult like the Watchtower, the OPPV will need subject matter experts like Steve Hassan and former JWs , because although the Watchtower and its leaders do speak English the words they use may have a different meaning than a normal person would interpret. If the OPPV needs additional subject matter experts or would like to obtain photocopies of previous Watchtower literature, I recommend that the OPPV become members of English -speaking exJW forums such as www.jehovahs-witness.net, www.jwsupportforum.com, exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com, and www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com and request information from members of those forums.

I hope and pray that the OPPV tenaciously prosecutes the Watchtower and its leaders, because, if the OPPV does not, the Watchtower may after a year or two stop complying with Victoria's child protection law because of the arrogance of the Watchtower's leaders that they are superior to worldly governments. Also, I hope that if the Watchtower is successfully prosecuted in Australia so that legislators in all governments will enact laws to scrutinize organizations that apply for tax exempt and charitable government programs to exclude organizations that are dangerous cults. Reducing funding sources for dangerous cults is possibly the least expensive way to eradicate them.

Please call if you have questions,
    Robert . . .

• james_woods
    james_woods
    sizemik, what an inspiring quote! Thank you for posting it.

It is inspiring - maybe it would have been moreso if the name of Margaret Mead had not been mentioned.

• smiddy
    smiddy

ABS

An excellent post

smiddy

• Alfred
    Alfred

A Bible Student... excellent email !!! ... I just hope posters on this board are on their best behaviour if/when Mr. Champion or anyone else from the Public Prosecutions office visits this site... just saying...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

What about other states/countries with requirements similar to Victoria for background checks of people who work with children? I know that in Queensland (Australia), there is a similar requirement, but am not aware that the Watch Tower Society complies there either. (Based on the case in Victoria, I doubt they comply elsewhere.) It would seem that Mr Unthank's specific case has no reach beyond Victoria(?)

• sabastious
    sabastious

After reading Unthank's words I have a bad feeling about the life of the case. Nevertheless, the Witnesses did comply with the law, which is a huge victory no matter what happens.

-Sab

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

me too sab-I had the same feeling too and will go even further and say that I think the case will probably end at the next hearing and that when the public prosecutor takes over the case it will be to settle it. The good news is that many witnesses are going out of their way to comply with the law not because they are actually breaking the law (this has not been proven yet) but because of the negative publicity. this is a wakeup call to Jehovahs witnesses imo.

I'm saying this in view of the Lawrence thread. Like Mr lawrence Mr Unthank has to face reality that it is very unlikely that Jehovahs witnesses will be deemed criminals by this case.

But I still think they have both engaged in a heroic struggle

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Thank-you Steven, and the Anderson's for keeping us updated with this.

• smiddy
    smiddy

What you need to remember in this case is that the legislation adopted a few years ago had penalties for non compliance to the law.The witnesses refused to comply,so surely they should be held in contempt of the law and convicted of a criminal offence.

How would you feel if when this legislation was passed,you immediately complied with the law,only to find out 2-3 years later another organization had snubbed their nose at the legislation and got off scot free ? I for one would be totally pissed off and want to know whats going on

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

A Bible Student

That was a very professional presntation,I hope it gets the credit it deserves

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit