Victoria, Australia: Results of November 8th Steven Unthank's Court Hearing

by AndersonsInfo 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Thanks Barbara for posting. This is an important case to follow - history in the making!!!

• JWB
    JWB

Steven is a person who deserves a lot of credit. I remember when his cause was first made know here and some of the negativity shown. What can one man do? Well a lot if he knows his stuff and he is wise to delegate when he needs to. There is a need for justice and a need to stand up when others are finding it more comfortable to sit down. Be patient Steven, and be careful. "Slow and steady wins the race." And thank you Barbara for keeping us informed!

• Violia
    Violia

There just has to be a " Stay Alive till ? " slogan for this, or some slogan with " stay alive " in it.

Congrats to Mr. Unthank for all he as done. One person can make a difference. If a crime is never reported it can't be prosecuted

Mr. Unthank ( whether the court takes the cases in further or not) has proven this.

• Blind Willie McTell
    Blind Willie McTell

I just checked and Poland does have an extradition treaty with Australia. So if they thought they could get Viv Moritz out of the country to Poland and avoid facing the court in Victoria, they maybe could have picked a better country?

TREATY BETWEEN AUSTRALIA AND THE REPUBLIC OF POLAND

ON EXTRADITION

AUSTRALIA AND THE REPUBLIC OF POLAND

DESIRING to make more effective the co-operation of the two countries in the suppression of crime by concluding a treaty on extradition,

HAVING DECIDED to conclude the present treaty and having appointed their respective representatives to this end,

HAVE AGREED as follows:

Article 1

Obligation to extradite

The Contracting Parties undertake to surrender to each other, subject to the provisions and conditions laid down in this Treaty, persons against whom the competent authorities of the Requesting Party are proceeding for an offence or who are wanted by the said authorities for the carrying out of a sentence.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If you have read Stevens blog or twitter you will see that he is in for the long hall.Having met the man I can assure you he is calm and level headed about this project and just happy to keep it going for as long as he can with a good outcome for the children in this religion.

My only concern is the financial cost this is taking on those concerned,I just hope the Office Dept. of Prosecutions does take over the case so as to lesson this burden,and this is where I agree with you in keeping this in the media`s attention where possibleThe more of us who write letters to the editor in newspapers,write to your local members of parliment,highlighting public awareness is one way to get the press to take notice of this case.

Hopefully then the Dept.of Prosecutions will take over

As it is at the moment it is only mainly talked about on boards such as this.We can show our support behind Steven by getting this message out to the wider community.

smiddy

• sizemik
    sizemik

Found this on another website. Maybe Steven has proved this point to some degree. If so, we can all take heart . . .

Fire starts with a single flame. When given the right fuel it can grow bigger and bigger and sometimes it can take over hundreds of acres of forest. When a fire is raging it is hard to extinguish and takes a lot of time and energy for firefighters to put out. Passion is like a fire. It starts with one person and grows into something beautiful. When passion is behind a cause it is more likely that it will succeed because it is important to the people involved. The main reason that people tend to not get as involved with different organizations is because they think that they can not and will not make a difference as a single person.

Margaret Mead made an excellent point when she said “Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” It starts with one. Whoever heard of a cause starting with millions of people backing it from the start?

- Lynise Doctoroff

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Contact Us

Office of Public Prosecutions: [email protected]
    Director of Public Prosecutions: [email protected]
    FOI enquiries: [email protected]
    Compliments or complaints about the OPP: [email protected]
    Briefings enquiries: [email protected]

Aus Doc address: DX 210290

Office of Public Prosecutions
    565 Lonsdale St
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    Tel: 03 9603 7666
    Fax: 03 9603 7430

Can any Aussie verify that writing the Office of Public Prosecutions from the Office of Public Prosecutions' website (http://www.opp.vic.gov.au/utility/contact+us/) about the Steven Unthank case will get the attention of the public prosecutor who may be handling the case? I just thought I would ask before I send them an email in support of Steven Unthank's case.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Listener
    Listener

Abiblestudent I don't know that you would achieve much by writing to the Public Prosecutions office as they cannot be swayed by any support, they are a legal body that must stick to the issues and the law. That being said, if you offer your services to them they may wish to utilise them.

• JWB
    JWB

sizemik, what an inspiring quote! Thank you for posting it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit