Kids in hospital, JW family still shuns.

by mamalove 25 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow Bella, I like your tree idea!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Strength to you, Mamalove.

People go different ways in what they would do. Me personally, I would leave them be. Despite my bitterness toward the cult, I try to remember that family members are victims and I would leave the door open. Others are free to disagree as they would shut the door.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm so sorry your children have been unwell, there is nothing worse as a parent. I'm glad they are on the mend.

It never fails to amaze me how twisted the reasoning of JW relatives can be. Focus on your children and your own needs.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Dear mommalove, So terribly sorry that your kids have been so sick. The worry and stress of that is bad enough without the addition of the toxic family

dinamics. It's hard to comprehend grandparents punishing grandchildren when they are completely innocent even by their own standards. This vividly

demonstrates Jesus' words "By their fruits you shall know them" They have lost "all natural affection".Hopfully you can or have developed new support

system. There probably will come a time when the folks will be elderly and need assistance. You might remind them that you and your kids wil be picking

out their rest home. (name the most dismal one you can think of.) We actually did this with my MIL. Funny how fast she improved!

• Bella15
    Bella15

Hi MrsJones5 ... think about it and I hope it works for you too ...

• mummatron
    mummatron

((Hugs)) Must have been a huge worry for you. Glad both little ones are recovering.

My DD was in hospital a few months ago for something pretty serious. She didn't even get a card off my JW sister (who hasn't acknowledged the existence of either of my children), so I realy feel for you on this. I like Bella15's idea too.

• flipper
    flipper

MAMALOVE- I'm so sorry your kids were disrespected like that horrifically by your mom and sister. I would just leave it alone for now ( as it may escalate the situation since it's still current ) , yet in the future IF your mom wants to talk to the children just ask her at THAT time why she didn't come to visit them in the hospital ? Then explain to her that you are teaching your children what REAL unconditional love is and REAL family love is. Short and sweet , then hang up. No long diatribes , no groveling on your part. You don't need to grovel , you are in the right.

You might add before you hang up and say to mom, " Mom, if you ever want to accept your grandchildren for who they are , and me too - you are welcome to associate with us, but until then I guess it will be your loss. " Your mom wants to dominate and control you with the shunning - I'd turn it around on her and show her that YOU control your life and set the terms for who is in it. Just my 2 cents. It may give mommie dearest time to think. My wife and I send love and hugs to you and kidlets ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hugs to you, Mamalove. I hope the little ones are on the mend!

• mamalove
    mamalove

Thanks for letting me vent. Sometimes that is all I need and to see the words of others who are in the same boat as me. The most important thing is the kiddos are feeling better, they are fighting, playing, and finally napping! No school for a couple of days, as they are on vacation, so there is no pressure to get them back to the quagmire of germs!

((Hugs)) To everyone else who has been hurt. Maybe one day things will be exposed on a huge level to wake our loved ones up. That is my biggest wish. Well....one of them. :)

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

sending healing thoughts your way

keep strong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit