Kids in hospital, JW family still shuns.

by mamalove 25 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

I'm soo glad to hear that your daughters are on the mend. Give them big hugs from the sprouts

As for your family I have no words... You think that dubbie behaviour wouldn't shock, but it till does. Thinking of you

Peace to you and your household

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

((Mamalove)), try to direct your anger at the leaders of this disgusting organization, they are to blame.

I like Bella's tree analogy too.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Like all radical JW's, so dedicated to serving the publishing company they forget about the most important thing, love.

Also, hope they feel better.

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

I'm so sorry for the lack of natural affection from your family. I hope your kiddos are feeling better soon. (((((mamalove))))))

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My nuclear family was shunned by the extended JW family. We were always the peasants - illegitimate. It hurt. My cousins received far more attention. My mom cried a lot. The children cried a lot. She was long-suffering to have a family at any price. They did interact with us more than they should have. My mom and her mom got in a serious argument when I was a teenager. My grandmother was controlling in the extreme. Somehow my mom said if she kept it up, she would never see nor hear from her grandchildren again. (I think I would called my gm behind her back). My grandmother called back, crying so hard, and apologized.

My cousin's sister would not even give him the time of day. He was so desperate for family. Jesus would never do this shunning. Of course,Jesus was ever present. There is a lot to be said for a real, solid, human relative.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Last year, my granddaughter, Allison was in the hospital with pnemonia. She is the absolute favorite of mine and my husband, (shush, don't tell anyone else, LOL!). Her mother had two other kids at home who were ill, so everyone was generally miserable. I also had a terrible cold. And even though I wanted to be of help to the whole family as well as visit my precious girl in the hospital, I couldn't for fear of making her and her sisters even sicker. It broke my heart, but there was nothing I could do.

Try to picture your jw mom and sister as being in the same situation. They are mentally ill with brainwashing, and there's nothing they can do. It makes it more difficult for you, but yur kids are definitely better off not being exposed to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit