White House Protesters against the Keystone Pipeline

by designs 94 Replies latest social current

• shamus100
    shamus100

Plumbtree,

The sandflies are awful! >:O I'd rather talk about sandflies than spoon-feed pablum to the blissfully ignorant. I know that some people actually get sexually stimulated by all of this, but, me being me, I don't care. At all.

The only thing that I find humorous is a select few people here - that think they know everything.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    I'd rather talk about sandflies than spoon-feed pablum to the blissfully ignorant.

Can't emphasize that enough.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I think the point was made on page one or something(don't care to look). Most people base assumptions off of extremist way off-centre websites, you-tubes, or whatever 'speaks to them' when they feel a certain way. If you want a real laugh, go check out Americans talking about our health-care. Now that is a scream.

• designs
    designs

Nice bob.n.weave move you must play for the Knicks. The Pipeline proposed to the West Coast is also meeting different levels of debate among the First Nations, some want it but with a higher payment and others do not want it. China is balking at paying the First Nations more money. Where ever it gets built it will be there for a century at least. What are the plans to remove it when its usefulness is over.

My grandson could well live into the next century, his children and their children and the next generation after certainly will. We need to plan in relation to centuries of time.

• talesin
    talesin

designs, you belong to surfrider? Coool,,, I read that online. :))

tal

• designs
    designs

Thanks talesin.

Good group, one of the causes I joined after leaving the Wt.. We get all age groups showing up for our Beach cleanups, a lot of High School and College students, Church groups to, nearly everyone but JWs which is their loss and a real pity.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Okay, Designs. Then tanker it, do whatever you need to do to get it to you. ;) As I've stated many times, we don't care.

And I'm surprised that the keystone is going through native lands in Canada. That was all looked after long ago, as far as I know. It seems, again, that facts are all over the place.

• designs
    designs

'we don't care' We all must care, one earth one humanity. 'The earth is what we all have in common' W. Berry

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The White House on Monday welcomed a Canadian company's plan to build an oil pipeline from Oklahoma to Texas after President Barack Obama blocked the larger Keystone XL pipeline from Canada.

The new proposal by Calgary-based TransCanada does not require presidential approval because it does not cross a U.S. border. The 485-mile pipeline is expected to cost about $2.3 billion and be completed next year, pending approval by federal, state and local governments.

The Obama administration had suggested development of an Oklahoma-to-Texas line to alleviate an oil bottleneck at a Cushing, Okla., storage hub.

Obama rejected the Keystone XL pipeline last month, citing uncertainty over a route that avoids the environmentally sensitive Sandhills region in Nebraska. He said there was not enough time for a fair review before a looming deadline forced on him by Republicans. The action did not kill the project but, for the second time in three months, put off a tough choice on the pipeline project, which has become the focus of a heated political fight.

. . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/keystone-pipeline-construction-to-begin_n_1304074.html

Commentary. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIGlFyDt69U

• shamus100
    shamus100

What?

You mean someone is using their head down there? Amazing! D: Nice posturing Obama. ;P

I still say that environmentalists should believe celebrity idiots over and above anyone or anything else. Which one did they call on when the gulf oil spill happened, Kevin Costner or some other 'god'? Hilarious!

So you won't be buying oil from dictatorships with horrible human rights abuses. How stunning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit