White House Protesters against the Keystone Pipeline

by designs 94 Replies latest social current

• shamus100
    shamus100

palmtree- Catch up kid, this is about the current Protest at the White House bringing this issue to the front of our Voters. Post what you like on the subject but we aren't going back to your thread unless you bring it current to the USA Protests.

TAI- So do you think the Keystone pipeline will significantly increase the volume of oil brought to the Refiners here, more than current transportation methods.

Funny as hell. You tell Plumb Tree to catch up when you haven't typed out one goddamed fact or logical sentence in the entire thread. In other words, you don't know what you are talking about and until you post pictures of cute kittens playing I won't answer your inane rambling and posts that nobody else is even taking note of.

Show me the kittens!
  • designs
    designs

Put down the Banana you're going to hurt yourself.

• designs
    designs

TAI- I wonder how the recent threats from Iran to the Strait of Hormuz will cause the Adminstration to change course and approve the Keystone pipeline.

• designs
    designs

As Congress returns to work and the Presidential election intensifies the Keystone pipeline will be used as a lightening rod for all parties. Would the funds allocated by the Fed for the project be better spent on replacing the aging pipelines already in use for newer high pressure pipe thus providing jobs and manufacturing here at home on a known risk to the environment.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

The Canadian oil sands are a natural ecological mess. Trees grow stunted. In the summer heat the air is stifling with hydrocarbon smells, and the ground oozes it everywhere, including into rivers, where no animals can live. Once harvested, these areas are planted with trees, water is cleaner, animals move in. It is like a reclamation project. The area is better afterwards than it was before.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

". . .at least one country in North America understands where its national interests lie. Too bad it’s not us."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/opinion/nocera-the-poisoned-politics-of-keystone-xl.html?_r=1

• designs
    designs

leavingwt- Thanks for posting this article. The US currently buys oil from all of Canada's resources including the 'tar sands', so its about increasing the amount not if and or. China could easily buy more from Russia, which it neighbors, build their own Keystone pipeline with Russia.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Side note: Oil coming from Saudi is more expensive in the long run. So no whining about fuel prices, ever.

Absolutely no whining - ever. We voted for Obama, who likes high energy bills and high fuel prices. And, he told us so before the last election.

• shamus100
    shamus100

LOL, leaving WT. How true. ;) Unfortunately, some of the American public is more than a little fuzzy on the facts (as Designs latest post suggests) and it's human nature by crazy environmentalists to throw in crazy facts that have little or nothing to do with the problem, i.e. let's get electric cars!!! Thank god people who look long term and can't figure out short term problems do not end up in public office.

Obama has made a HUGE mistake and I honestly think that changing the president is inevitable. It was such a great thing to finally see the U.S. get a black president but that is not what this is about; he's fumbled about everything that he could get his hands on, and he has nothing left but to politically posture while the U.S. suffers the consequences. The jobs that were so sorely needed are gone now, and Canada is still accepting U.S. citizens for work due to the extreme labour shortages up here. We need you guys to help us build the pipeline to China.

Like it or not, the oil is going somewhere, and China or others will buy it. The U.S. has unknowlingly signed agreements with dictatorships such as Venezuela and supports terrorist groups in the middle east.

I don't think that anyone wanted it to happen this way up here, but there you have it.

And for those that believe that the tar sands are little more than what the pictures from extremist websites dictate, I will supply a link to one of those websites for fatalist's mastrubatory pleasure. I'll also throw in a crazy comment:

SOLAR PANELS COULD SOLVE EVERYTHING TOMORROW! :D

http://oilsandstruth.org/keystone-pipeline-stalled-canada-turns-china

• designs
    designs

Well some altered version of the Keystone will go through next year. Nebraska and a couple other States will be involved in making some good changes to the route.

Thanks for hiring our construction workers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit