WHY I'M GLAD THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME

by wasblind 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I said 1st century Jews didnt believe in Jesus. Ummm they killed him??? ..."

Actually, 'god's' requirement for a blood sacrifice to "match" the life supposedly "lost" by "Adam", is what "killed Jesus"....

So the Jews' bloodguilt is only SECONDARY - and that's if "Jesus" ever existed at all... There's no valid archaeological evidence for 'him', at all...

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Thank you for sharing! It is so strengthening isn't it? To know who Christ really is! And each time I read more proof of the Almighty God my heart sings more and more!

Acts 15:14, "Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name."

Acts 11:26 "and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

And yes, now we plant seeds in witnessing as the Spirit leads us, trusting in the Lord, not taking it on ourselves and cramming in as much as we can like when we were JWs. And you were there in the moment, we were not... so I doubt we could correct your preaching.

As for the scripture in Isaiah, all we need is context dear ones. Context.

Your loving sister,

ShadesofGrey

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    1st century christians were witness to Jesus christ since Jews at the time didnt belive in Jesus, they believed Jehovah.

Oh good..

Another WBT$ educated Genius..

We seem to get so many..

The name Jehovah is a 14th century Catholic Translation Mistake..

1st Century Christions would have never have heard the name Jehovah..

Invented in the 14th century by the Catholics..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

10 “Y OU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

in order that YOU may understand that I am the same One.

after me there was no god formed

besides me there is no savior.”

Is there "a god" other than the almighty?

• AGuest
    AGuest

I could be wrong (and so anyone please correct me) but think what dear Sparki (peace to you!) is saying dear Zid (the greatest of love and peace to you!)... albeit, not very kindly or maturely... is that the JWs are returning to the OT (as they understand it), rather than looking to the NT (contrary to what they profess)... because they are disregading Christ... and looking back to JAH (okay, "Jehovah", sigh...)... although He APPOINTED Christ as the One they SHOULD look to.

I took him/her as saying that by doing so they prove themselves to be continuances of the Jews (which, in their teachings, etc., they really are!)... rather than the "christians" they claim to be.

I think his/her comment that dear Wuz (the greatest of love and peace to you, as well, dear one!)... was "still blind" was unnecessary and since it appears unkind, as well, threw off the intended "direction" of his/her comment.

Dear Sparki (again, peace to you!)... why take a "shot" like that at dear Wuz? So, okay, you understand why the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" is appropriate today. Why make a statement to ridicule rather than just kindly make your point? What are YOU trying to [over]compensate for??

As dear Miz Josie (Hey, Girl! How ARE you... and the greatest of love and peace to you and YOUR dear household!) posted: why not "play nice"? 'Cause anything else (in a thread of this nature) is out of line, really.

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Hmmm... that last posts worries me that I was not clear

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith YHWH, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

John8:24 for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sparti,

you qouted that first century christians were followers of Jesus

The WTS agrees with you, On page 203 in the Reasoning book

it states:" their (Jehovah witnesses) beliefs and practices are not new

but are a restoration of first-century christianity."

in the book of Acts they were called christians because they were witnessing about the Christ

with that said why are the JW's preachin' bout the kingdom, when they won't even listen

to the king (Jesus ) in Acts 1:8

• wasblind
    wasblind

And another thing, Ole Wuz can pull stuff outta da bag

that'll make ya check and step, and corrrect ya self

na babe , you ain't gotta play nice, but I'll warn ya

don't start none, won't be none

• wasblind
    wasblind

On page 403 in the Reasoning book, second paragraph

they qoute Acts 1:8, Matt 28:19, Matt 24:14 all in one paragraph

Then they say " who today, both as a group and individually, are doing

this work? In harmony with what Jesus said, should we not look for this as evidence

that a group has holy spirit? "

Look for the evidence Sparti, are the JW's in harmony with what Jesus said in Acts 1:8 ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

On page 403 in the Reasoning book , second paragraph

they qoute Acts 1:8, Matt 28: 19, Matt 24:14, all in one paragraph

then they say " Who today, both as a group and individually, are doing this work?

In harmony with what Jesus said, should we not look for this as an evidence

that a group has holy spirit?

look for the evidence Sparti, are the Jehovahs witnesses in harmony with acts 1:8 ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit