WHY I'M GLAD THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME

by wasblind 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Last week I had a visit from two sisters from the old hall I used to attend

and I showed them Acts 1:8 where Jesus tells the apostles to be witnesses of him (Jesus)

they showed me Isaiah 43:10 where Isaiah qoutes Jehovah saying "you are my witnesses"

I explained to them that Isaiah qouted Jehovah in reference to the nation of israel

and that the nation of Isreal knew what Jehovah had done for them, but as for the

other nations, they had nothing to witness when it came to thier "gods"

I explained to them that Isaiah made that qoute before the birth, death and ressurection

of Jesus. After jesus was ressurected, some things changed, people no longer had to

make animal sacrifices, and instead of preaching about Jehovah and the kingdom

Jesus told the apostles to be witnesses of him. All through the book of Acts shows

that they did just that. Why!!!!!!

because Acts 19:17 says "........and the name of the Lord Jesus went on being magnified."

Acts 19:20 says " thus in a mighty way the name of Jehovah kept growing and prevailing."

I then explained to the sisters that the president of the of the Watchtower society changed the

name from Bible students to Jehovahs Witnesses in 1931, and that A.H. Macmillan said that

Rutherford was guided by the Lord. All of this can be found on page 151 in the kingdom proclaimers

book. As we know they go about d2d preaching about Jehovah and the kingdom

I asked them if it was Jehovah who guided Rutherford, why would Jehovah overide the authority

he gave his most faithful witness ?????

If it was Jesus who guided Rutherford in the name change, why would Jesus contradict himself in acts 1:8 ???

Who are we to listen to Jesus in acts 1:8 or Rutherford

I showed them the bottom of page 208 in the Reasoning book

where it states " Jesus set the example that we should imitate"

I ask them, if they are not doing all that Jesus command are they

imitating Christ, because I see no other scripture that overides Acts 1:8

I may have dropped the Jehovah Witnesses, but I still read the bible

if there is anything I may be misinterpreting according to the scripture I read

I will not take offense of any correction, we learn something everyday

Luv Wuz

• N.drew
    N.drew

Good!!! The name of JESUS went on being magnified. Not the name of The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society being magnified. You planted a seed wasblind.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks N.Drew

I made sure I stuck with scripture and showed them things

out of their own literature, so they wouldn't bolt, I was glad to see

them, It was really sad to hear one sister state that she had been

a witness for 43 years, thats a long time to be misled

• N.drew
    N.drew

Your welcome wasblind! Did it seem easy? I imagine that, for me, it would be very difficult to remain real while trying to redirect, something like the Jordan River parting! To us who believe, it is evidence of holy spirit!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

if there is anything I may be misinterpreting according to the scripture I read

I will not take offense of any correction,

You did good, though you might have missed a great opportunity for laying some groundwork for arguing that Jesus, was, and is, the God-man, in the proper Christian sense. If YHWH said that "you are my witnesses," and we are to be witnesses of Jesus, then in conjunction of an avalanche of Scriptural evidence to support it, Jesus was, and is, God, as that concept is understood among mainstream Christians. This interpretation reconciles an otherwise apparent contradiction. Isaiah 9:6 provides that the child born is the Eternal Father, and accordingly he couldn't be just a man, as the JWs falsley teach. I won't go into all the proofs, but the divine person who assumed a human nature, God the Son who is the second person of the Holy Trinity, and who is YHWH, did not contradict himself. By being witnesses of Jesus the God-Man we are the witnesses of JHWH. Your friend's problem is that she fails to recognize that they don't preach the Jesus of the gospel, and the overwhelming center of gravity of the New Testament is Jesus Christ, not their idea of Jehovah. Get her to read a real Bible where the name "Jehovah" has not been inserted arbitrarily in the NWT; without those many changes, their religion implodes beyond fixing.

It's all right here: http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/jesus_God_deity_jesus_christ_jehovahs_witnesses.html

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Jonathan Dough, and thank you so much

time was limited, and I didn't want to pile on to much

I couldn't risk them shuttin' down, as long as I had

the bible open and could point to the things I was askin'

they were willin' to listen, I will take your advice thanks again

However, I would love to invite any posters who are still active to give their opinions

• AGuest
    AGuest

You did wonderfully, dear Wuz (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one... and where you bin? I was starting to miss you - although, it might be me, having been preoccupied (i.e., stuck) in one pretty indepth thread over the past couple/few days...).

Seeds are always good... and "details" can wait for another time, should one present itself. That really is how it works anyway, isn't it? Our Lord didn't hit me with all of the details on one fell swoop, but first laid a foundation and then went from there. So, perhaps you planted... and someone else will water. Or, perhaps they'll return (ooh! a RV for YOU! LOLOL!)... and you'll be able to water further. May JAH so allow it, if you wish it!

Again, peace to you and your household!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there((((((( Shelby)))))))

thank you so much, I forgot to mention that when I asked them about

why would Jehovah or Jesus overide or contradict what's in acts 1:8

and guide rutherford to the name change, they said Jehovah was powerful

he could do anything he wanted, I knew I had 'em then cause I ask them again

Did they believe that Jehovah would take back the authority he gave Jessus,

his most faithful witness, and guide rutherford to name the bible students

Jehovah's witnesses. They did not answer they just politely said they would

come again, and as they left we talked about the weather as they headed out

The only spirit that guided rutherford came from a dag blame bottle

still waiting on any active JW to join in, If your in the truth it will

stand won't it?????

• designs
    designs

Bible fight! Always the way to settle things between religious folks

• wasblind
    wasblind