OMG! I have had a huge row with my neighbour in the driveway! Oh the shame.....

by watersprout 30 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Did you have to put Nellie down? It is so much worse when YOU have to make that horrible decision. :(

Yes the vet phoned me toa sk me what I wanted then to do, because she was under anesthetic for x-rays. They put her to sleep while she was under. It was awful! She was really suffering and it was the kindest thing to do.

I think we have an opening for a troll.

LOL! She would make a good one!

Peace

• cantleave
    cantleave

How do I apply for the job as "Troll"?

• watersprout
    watersprout
    How do I apply for the job as "Troll"?

I appoint you as troll on this thread! Lol

*Knights CL as troll*

Peace

• tec
    tec

I do feel better for finally standing up for myself, over the past four years she has pushed too many buttons and I just exploded... I shook for two hours after it happened, but I am feeling empowered so watch out anyone who want's a piece of the sprout!

LOL, I know what this feels like, WS ;)

In truth, your neighbor sounds lonely, bitter, and unhappy... nothing better to do but to think up imagined slights and insults so she can be angry. Anger tends to hide whatever other emotions we don't want to face.

I am glad you stood up for yourself.

When I'm really angry like that I clean the house (gives me an outlet - though I used to wonder if hubbie used to annoy me for that very purpose sometimes), and/or listen to loud music, or go for one of those speed walks.

Then take a nice deep breath, and find your peace again!

Love and peace to you,

Tammy

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

You can't let other people control your emotions. Easier said than done but it's impossible to function any other way. Maybe a little bit of unresolved anger too. You mentioned "flipping". When I feel that way, I just avoid people and situations that might provoke that till I am in a better state of mind. You don't work for her, you can ignore the beckoning finger and she is welcome to complain to the "estate manager".

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My sister's dog was one bark away from being executed! They paid heavy fines. My brother in law wants the dog as a watch dog so he refused to try a bark collar. I would not want to be a neighbor.

Perhaps you should keep a log of every complaint she makes and the factual details.

Maybe adjoining neighbors can give you statements that the dog did not bother them.

I don't think the bark collars are cruel.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

CHARGE HER WITH CRIMINAL HARASSMENT AND EMOTIONAL CRUELTY.

HB

• AGuest
    AGuest

I have to say that of all the evils in the world, the "bad" neighbor is right up there near the top for me, dear WS (the greatest of love and peace to you!), so I "feel" your "pain," truly. I tend agree with dear tec (the greatest of love and peace to you , as well!)... that she's probably lonely, etc. If so, perhaps a many a little "neighborly-ness" from you dear folks will help. I have learned, though, from doing multifamily and senior housing for many years... that grumpy, malcontent old people were most likely grumpy young people.

Glad to know you're okay NOW, though - MUAH!! - and, again, peace to you!

SA, on her own...

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

An ex-JW who can't deal with a busybody complainer? Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

• factfinder
    factfinder

watersprout-

I am sorry you still have to deal with that nasty, old neighbor. I'm glad you stood up to her.

I feel sad thinking about what happened to poor Nellie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit