A question for the ladies

by I quit! 31 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm wondering if all women are like this.

My wife is always saying she doesn't have any shoes to go with this or that. Right now we're getting ready to go on vacation. I went into her closet to get her Timberland hiking boots because we plan on doing some hiking. I had to dig through over twenty pairs of shoes to find them. How can she say she doesn't have shoes to wear?

• Adiva
    Adiva

Adiva will not even Try to respond to that to someone who has a penis. You'll just never get it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Not all women are like that and women who collect shoes have different reasons for doing it.

I am not a fashionable woman, but I understand that shoes should match the outfit. But for me that is only for special occasions. Usually I do not care how my shoes look, if they are comfortable.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Let's just say you ran into some black shoes in her closet. Well you need black shoes for summer and winter, open toed and closed toe, leather and cloth, casual and dressy......that's just black so you see she needs alot of shoes. Look on the bright side she doesn't need meeting and service shoes anymore! NMKA

• AGuest
    AGuest

That's like asking a guy why he needs more than one golf club, dear IQ (peace to you!): they do different things/serve different purposes. Or, they just look good (and'll make all the other guys on the course go, "Hey, where'd you get THOSE babies?!" Which is even more satisfying, isn't it, when the wife/partner/someone else bought 'em FOR you?).

Hope that helps and, again, peace to you!

SA, who got over her shoe fetish about 25 years ago... but will backslide on occasion (rarely, though, since giving up [most] heels awhile ago)... on her own...

• Listener
    Listener

It's not our fault, it's the manufacturers. They have a habit of making men's shoes both comfortable and practicle but for some reason women seem to generally miss out on this.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Shoes don't last forever neither does fashion.

• N.drew
    N.drew

But why do some (like me) not throw them away? Most of my stuff gets too worn out for giving away.

• mamamo
    mamamo

I'm a single mom with two teenage boys. They don't understand it, but they know that I must have shoes and more shoes. It has become flip flops and more flip flops because we live in Florida and I don't have to have the dress shoes for work or JW reasons. (I wear the same steel toe boots everyday to work). I have done my part for their future wives.

I am currently planning a trip to an island and I have a friend who says I only need one or two pairs of my flip flops, I looked at her like she was insane. I have to have the black ones for this outfit, the glitter ones for that one and I could go on and on.

• clarity
    clarity

IQuit,

Well what she means is, there are shoes ... and then there are shoes!

Most shoes 'go with' pants. But the heel height and color must be 'good'.

The worst shoe problem is matching shoes to skirt or dress ... 'cause if you pick the wrong heel, or color, the look is very dorky! So flats, sandel, little wedge or small narrow heel.

Now of course if the shoes are actually for walking in, - ie not just to get to the car and back, ... well then we need to think runners, orthopeadic oxfords, arch support inserts and perhaps the 'hiking boot!'

Ok, are you still with me??

Now, there are a few pairs of flats, runners, high heels and slippers that all must be 1 size too big ....those are for when your feet are swollen in the summer, and when you really need to drink much more water, leaving the booze alone entirely!

Last but not least, there are some very special shoes. The kind that make you feel fantastic (they are rare!) They are a bit like the RED shoes Dorothy wore on the yellow brick road!

So when a woman says she doesn't have any shoes ... she means she's out of Dorothy shoes!!!!!!

Got it?

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit