Do Aliens Exist for you? If so, how do you rationalize them with Spirituality?

by Voices 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think we are in a matrix computer type program.

The programers havent spent much time on acutal alliens at this point, maybe its on their agenda.

Anything to cause more fear stress and axiety. That seems to be what they are after.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Actually, when you take a look at the huge amount of out of place artifacts around the world, it is sometimes hard to believe that ancient man was so, erm, undeveloped as a lot of people believe... therefore I have to believe that in those ancient times, there had to be something more advanced than what they want us to believe...

• cofty
    cofty

Well I can see the spirit form as well as the physical manifestation form of spirit beings

What exactly is this "spirit" stuff of which you speak?

• cedars
    cedars

I'm not sure what I think on this subject. I wish there was some hard evidence to answer the question once and for all. There do seem to be some pretty astonishing videos on YouTube like this one below to prove the existence of UFOs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIe4VMtCREo

The only thing is, I don't see what's the big deal in letting the world know if aliens DO exist. What's the need for a cover-up? It may be the implications against religion, but are governments like the US really that interested in preserving religious belief systems?

It's a strange one.

The truth is out there....

• N.drew
    N.drew

What is the need to coverup? Hysteria? Mobs of the curious? Another new religion?

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

There is a book and a video on Youtube which basically goes to show that from all the fakes and hoaxes, there is about a 5% that cannot be explained just like that, and are definitely UFOs, meaning unidentified objects...

here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRX2OwnfY8

• brit-93108
    brit-93108

Be careful what you ask for… you asked a loaded question and what you’re about to hear, you may not like (because it jives with very few people who profess Christianity). Before the days of Columbus, island natives across the globe often believed they were the center of the vast water covered world. They believed their island was an isolated land-mass jutting above a body of endless water.

The Vikings and missionaries flanked their shores, causing mass panic. These landings were perhaps the first recorded "alien invasions" in human history, from a perspective of superstitious tribes living isolated existences on islands across Earth's oceans. The Vikings terrified these native tribes, and decimated their faith in their tribal gods. European technologies, so "futuristic" to these natives they were considered as "magic," confounded them, awed them, and many converted to Christianity in churches built by the missionaries of early Christendom. These churches were awe-inspiring to the natives. The stained glass cathedrals looked to them, like foreboding and strange as advanced alien structures may appear to you and I today.

Imagine extraterrestrial ships flanking the shores of our atmosphere, sending landing parties filled with alien "Vikings" and "missionaries" with an advanced religion. Their message to us; there are many islands like Earth in the ocean of space and time... and the stars we see at night, these are filled with billions of alien worlds. Their "European" technologies they bring to our ancient world are awe-inspiring to us, and yet, the Bible speaks of foreign occupation, of enslavement of God's people by the Egyptians whose pyramids must have seemed wondrous and fear-inspiring.

Who will believe when we discover that Earth is just another island, that "Jehovah" as the Creator is known to our species is in fact a greater form of vast intelligence than we can imagine, not a mythical God whom our tribal elders have taught us "natives" to fear and worship with trembling, much like primitive natives worshipped their gods? If you removed the plural from "gods" would that make it right? If natives worshipped one "god" and you capitalized the "G" would it we all say, "Well that's different!" and thus would we believe they knew the one true God? I doubt it. I wouldn't. And yet, there were some tribes who undoubtedly believed in one god, and who believed that god was the creator of all that exists. They thought they knew "the truth" until an alien invasion on the shores of a vast ocean surrounding their "world" -- their island -- opened their eyes to the truth that they were not alone!

We are not alone. I know, as a childhood so-called abuctee who was changed by the experience. When I was baptized I knew aliens existed, and I knew Adam and Eve were but one "first" man and women on one of an infinite number of habitable worlds. But for the sake of my heritage, for the sake of my fellow "tribesmen" and as an Indian might follow religious "rites" out of respect for their people (just as I, out of respect for my being born a human), I worshipped in spirit and truth. I was baptized to the greater power who revealed himself as Jesus Christ to we humans, and I never spoke of my experiences to my elders or brethren in the "tribe." Perhaps this was part of my spiritual evolution, to experience the true primitive nature of religion that is culturally beautiful, that makes Earth so unique among the planets, worth saving for posterity sake (no sarcasm intended) -- perhaps like Indian reservations and other primitive cultures remaining on Earth today are given sanctuary by governments. These are cultural treasures because like living museums -- or like wildlife sanctuaries -- ancient cultures surviving on Earth today help us connect to our past and learn about how we must advance spiritually and culturally to meet the challenges of the future.

If that was too deep of an analysis, too "weird" or intimidating for some, or sounded just plain whacko, I can't apologize for candidly giving you my view based on my life's experience in this faith and my UFO abduction experiences prior and after my baptism. I can say that I've moved on, I've left the nest, having outgrown what they themselves called "spiritual baby food" in favor of the real "meat" of pure logic, and the realities that science and the latest findings in physics present. Nonetheless, like someone who is a native American Indian in modern society, perhaps, I haven't abdoned my culture of Christianity. From my early upbringing in Christendom's churches by agnostic parents, to my baptism as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, to my becoming agnostic about the puritanistic interpretations of Christianity by mainstream religion, my journey in life is part of my cultural history, spiritual evolution. My life's journey is toward I know not where... but I do not fear the direction I'm going. That's a good sign. In the sense of the Bible saying there is no fear in love, that is a very good thing, for fear exercises a restraint. Those governed by fear in their beliefs or morbid fear of God have not come to know The Creator. The nature of God is defined as "love" in the Bible. True "love" is a romantic word for a positive and sacred force in the universe that drives God's will in all his creative endeavors.

• tec
    tec

I hear a lot of what you are saying, Brit. And if it weren't for my full and total faith in Christ, I might agree 100% with what you've stated regarding the revelation of God, on a philosphical level. I still sort of do (though I think Christ is the Truth about God... even if our view of the world and universe is quite small).

I have looked at it like this:

The Israelites thought the world was a lot smaller than what it is. But their faith grew, changed and spread to the whole world. The rest of the universe would not be much different than that, imo. God didn't change. Just their horizons broadened, as per the world... and perhaps one day for us, as per the universe.

Aliens or no-aliens... God is still the same, and there is nothing that conflicts with Him, Christ, or faith in them.

Peace,

Tammy

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

There is a lot of fake evidence going around regarding ufo's but there was the light show in some part of America that had no explanation and many people saw, there are others.

Anyone interested in God(OT) and ufo's should read God Save From Religion by Ian Vayro.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Spirituality postulates a predominantly benevolent higher intelligence. One could only hope reality follows suite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit