Is this Watchtower comment about the Slave a lie?

by jwfacts 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrquik
    mrquik

It is, of course, a lie. Just another to add to the house of cards they've constructed. This goes along with the slave "class." Basically they're saying "we don't give a shit about the rest of the "slave class". We make the rules & everyone else is going to follow in line or get their apostate ass kicked out of our little club. Those of you lurking or hanging in there for family, you have my deepest sympathy.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Geez Paul; 427 hrs. & only 1 study. You crikey slacker!!! Don't you know the world is going to end? Maybe not tonight, but soon. Probably in 2012 or maybe 2014... but soon. As the 9/10 WT said & I quote "at any time!!!" Could be 2018 or 2019........or maybe 2034 ...but soon.....soon....... On a serious note, have a nice day Paul.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Then he begged me to humble myself since I would be held more accountable than one of the great crowd for disregarding my new privilege and questioning the slave.

DiscreetSlave, that is an interesting comment. You are not to question the Slave, even though as an Anointed you had become the Slave. Though the doctrine is that all anointed are the slave, all JWs really know the reality is that the GB alone are the slave.

00DAD - Good point. I am not sure that the writers necessarily consider the meaning of the words as closely as the readers who dissect the paragraph. In light of the context, they seem to be making the point that many anointed are fakes. However, the comment that " does not maintain a global network of anointed one" really undermines their Faithful Slave doctrine including anyone other than the GB.

• Listener
    Listener

"Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. (1 Thessalonians 5:14)"

If this is the case then why are they discrediting some that partake? Surely they are making a personal judgement based on no facts other than what they think of certain people and their mental capacity.

• Gayle
    Gayle

"We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; Then, why did they 'report' 11,202 partakers on the 2010 Service Report then??

nor do we need to know. nor do they really care anyway.

As Knorr would have roared with laughter in '70 at the thought that Steve Lett, a 21 yr old partaking Bethelite, would have eventually be a GB member. so would the GB now roar with laughter that some 21 yr. old Bethelite be a GB member maybe some 30 yrs from now.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Paul Grundy, now seriously, just how are we supposed to send you a B-day card since you've gone and blacked out your birthdate?

You could have blacked out the just YEAR if you just don't want us to know how old you are!!!

Vanity, vanity, vanity ... lol

Cheers,

Daniel

• 00DAD
    00DAD

jwfacts: However, the comment ... " does not maintain a global network of anointed one" really undermines their Faithful Slave doctrine including anyone other than the GB.

Yes it does, I agree completely. In fact, I think this is a much easier way to deconstruct the FDS doctrine as a foundational teaching than the history lesson method which Don Cameron takes in "Captives of a Concept"

In case you didn't see it, the way the current admission of the GB undermines the FDS doctrine was the focus of discussion on this thread:

The Faithful and Discreet Slave - A JW Myth

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

00DAD I have hit an age where I need to black out the year.

Listener - "Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. (1 Thessalonians 5:14)" If this is the case then why are they discrediting some that partake? Surely they are making a personal judgement based on no facts other than what they think of certain people and their mental capacity.

That is good point. All Christians were anointed, not just an elite ruling class. This concept of only 144,000 receiving holy spirit is a doctrine of control from Rutherford. I wonder if the new hardcore stance of the GB will help more JWs see how hollow the doctrines of the Slave, 144,00 and Great Crowd really are?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Personally I agree with the GB when they say, "A number of factors-[such as] mental or emotional imbalance-might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling."

Absolutely right. Correct! No question about it!!! In fact, I can think of seven men in particular that this statement would accurately describe!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I can't locate the quote just now, but I distinctly remember being taught that everything was run by the F&DS and that the Governing Body was "used by the F&DS to administer Jehovah's Organization." Are they now saying that they don't know who the boss is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit