Is this Watchtower comment about the Slave a lie?

by jwfacts 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In the Question From Readers, Watchtower 2011 8/15 p. 22 it made the following comment:

"We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones."

Would it be accurate to claim that is a lie, or is there some technicality upon which the Watchtower can claim that statement is accurate?

If you look at the congregation publisher record, it used to have a box where the Secretary would enter if the publisher was of the Anointed or Other Sheep. Does anyone know if this is still the case? This certainly makes it appear that the Governing Body does have the means to know details of all of the Anointed.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The new publishers record cards still has it I asked about it .When they said yes I told them they had to change mine to anointed.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,maybe they are referring to those who live in countries under ban. Plus,as we know, they doubt the majority of new partakers are really of the annointed. They think they are mentally disturbed,not to be confused with mentally diseased.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Interesting. At the memorial, anyone can drink the wine, so it is hard to police the number of partakers. But the Elders get to decide if they include a publisher as one on the Anointed, or if they chose not to on the grounds of the person being insane or unworthy, so that record really is a complete list of who should be considered partakers.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Plus,as we know, they doubt the majority of new partakers are really of the annointed.

That is true. But by using the term partakers they are not isolating them as deserving anointed, just those who indicate that they are.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

My Cong coordinator told me he didn't doubt I was anointed but said he could see that Satan has had his eye on me and that once he saw I was of the holy ones he went after me since it's easier to take down a young anointed one. Then he begged me to humble myself since I would be held more accountable than one of the great crowd for disregarding my new privilege and questioning the slave. He said if all this is causing me to think more of myself and question things I should just stick to reading psalms.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Growing up I heard 1 Cor 14:40 quoted often when speaking about organizational policy. "Jehovah does all things be arrangement" they would say. Oddly, the Governing Body now says that they don't "need to know" the number of annointed Christians, but they collected that data specifically for decades. Whether or not they are still collecting it is besides the point, imo.

They did need to know, for a long time actually, and now they mysteriously don't once the number starts to rise. So that article does contain a bold faced lie.

-Sab

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Paul,

Interesting question. Of course a real answer would require getting inside the head of the person(s) that wrote that. But I do think they get a pass on a couple of technicalities (which they of course created!).

1. Congregation Publisher Record cards - The congregation keeps these, not Brooklyn so how would the GB know what they say?
    2. Memorial Partakers - The context was clearly worded to give the GB an out for the partakers' number increasing when we all know it should be decreasing. Funny they would discredit professed anointed ones using the same method they use to discredit apostates: by attacking their mental stability!
    3. Actual Anointed vs. Professed Anointed - Pretty self-explanatory. Anyone can claim to be anointed whether on the Publisher Record card or by partaking. The point is that the GB doesn't believe everyone asserting to be of the anointed.

Here is the complete paragraph which contained the quote you pulled:

"Memorial partakers. This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors-including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance-might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones." - w2011 8/15 p. 22, full paragraph

My favorite part of this is the "nor do we need to know" admission. How does this correspond to Jesus words, "I am the fine shepherd, and I know my sheep and my sheep know me"? - John 10:14. I guess Jesus isn't telling the GB who his sheep are. Why not? Well, evidently it's on a "need to know basis" and as the GB freely admit, "We thus have no way of knowing … nor do we need to know"

Or, "Jehovah knows those who belong to him", why doesn't the GB know those that they allegedly represent? - 2 Timothy 2:19

They are so ridiculous. If it weren't for the fact that their manipulative, controlling ways adversely affects the lives of millions of sincere people, they would be completely laughable. Instead it is criminal!

There really should be some way to hold these people accountable for the massive fraud they have committed on countless trusting people.

• sabastious
  • discreetslave
    discreetslave

This is from the QFR that opened up the heavenly hope for others.

*** w07 5/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
    How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged.The matter is between him and Jehovah. (Romans 14:12) However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special “insights,” beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation. They humbly remember that some anointed men in the first century did not qualify to serve as elders or ministerial servants. (1 Timothy 3:1-10, 12, 13; Titus 1:5-9; James 3:1) Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. (1 Thessalonians 5:14) And sisters, although anointed, did not teach in the congregation.—1 Timothy 2:11, 12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit