An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• N.drew
    N.drew

EP is causing a deviation from the scriptures. He is testing you. You are too kind, AGuest. So I shall say it SHUT UP, it's entirelypossible. Thanks EP for the pun, it was fun.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Awww, N. Drew. It's always a hoot when you incoherently tell someone to shut up.

Could you please re-phrase and make sense next time, if you can?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I don't think I can, but I appreciate your concern, I really do.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

Wow, a lot has happened since I stopped posting here.

I find it funny that people are warned (a non believer no less) about rules concerning insulting posts when I've read about 20 posts from N.Drew, and Tec (especially N.Drew) and yet NO ONE warns them. Telling someone to shut up N.Drew? Honestly? What are we in 3rd grade again? Infantile, immature remarks are uneccessary and distract from the topic at hand.

The last 5 pages(and yes I've read every single post) are just full of that small switch in a Christian's mind that turns on the defense mechanism of condescending, deceitful statements.

I'm not going to write a short novel (i.e. AGuest) but obviously we aren't getting anywhere. N.Drew has begun to take hallucinogens, Tec, constantly repeats everything (he, or she? dunno) says. AGuest writes way to much, breaks every single post down that way (he or she? again... dunno) can use it out of context for her/his interests. It's honestly just laughable. I have YET to find ONE single argument to the contrary of what AK-Jeff and all other non believers including me have stated. We have logical, plauslible, and valid arguments, and on the other side (Tec, N.Drew, etc.) there is just hobble gobble and hickerydoo (just decided to explain in it in the format of N.Drew). But in all seriousness, it's truly disappointing.

I'd also like to commend AK Jeff, sizemik, OnTheWayOut, and especially Qcmbr for surivivng the onslaught of absolutely facetious comments from the opposing angle, and for formulating logical, tremendously worded arguments that have yet to be answered. It's just sort of a bummer.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Give it a go. It's always good to have a goal, even if you can't attain it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK I should have said please. I'm sorry. You know what I hate the most? You can stop reading now. I hate it when someone criticizes what they themselves do! Isn't that the weirdest gosh darn thing?

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

N.Drew, (again I'm not sure who you were replying to, or what your statement is even concerning) but if you WERE replying to by calling me a hypocrite of some sort you'll notice that in all of my other posts (which were about 3 or 4 days ago) I don't facetiously engage in any name-calling or mockery, however, after the multitude of condescension from the religious right on this thread I just simply decided to give you guys a taste of your own medicine.

Again, you'd think my post would sort of compel others to return to the discussion that was originally happening, but you're still rambling on in all your glory and condescension. It's truly just disappointing.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Even if there is water there, doesn't mean the horse will drink it...;)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Uber. I have tried in recent months to back away from argumentations and toward logical presentation. I don't do it as well as Q, sizemilk, OTWO, and others do it.

When I was a believer - not all that long ago - I had the same tendency to ad hominem, red herring, straw men, etc. The thing is - and I understand it well - there simply is no solid evidence, indeed any evidence at all, of an omnipotent, omniscient, loving god. The logical arguments put forth by Xenophanes and others down to this time have to be considered by anyone who sincerely desires to understand the nature of man and his evolution. Believers cannot seriously consider philosophy and science that contradicts - it is too much of a burden for them to think the unthinkable.

I find it curious that often they state that the more aggressive atheist community to be guilty of 'being stuck in the JW mindset' - of course referring to dogmatism. But the facts seem to show otherwise. It is the believers who act more in that manner - unable and unwilling to consider facts, favoring instead a magical-mystical world, limiting themselves to propaganda that supports their point of view, and ignoring available evidence that shows the initial premise of this thread to be solid.

Jeff

• N.drew
    N.drew

The sad thing is that the reason all of these arguments exist is because of religion. What would motivate atheists or non believers to argue with believers? It's simple, for me at least it's because I'd rather live in a society of human beings who can face reality (and thus make better more important decisions, and also not have their mind focused on a delusional religion)

depressing that so many human beings believe what they do, and then act out on it with whatever form of force (aggressive or passive) they deem fit. Millions of people have been killed over something as simple and stupid as religion, millions of people will die due to religion in the future.

Insulting? No? Well, we also disagree on what is and is not insulting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit