An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• N.drew
    N.drew

Magically in a day? You want to wake up tomorrow Q and find yourself in God's purpose? You don't even believe in god. How is it you are two headed? Christians want the same, but we are rational, even though if insults could do harm, we would be dead.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    You do not understand that some deaths can prevent many more deaths and suffering?

I don't understand how the death of Indonesian children can prevent many more deaths. Even if it were understandable, I could not approve of it.

You are probably referring to the ancient examples, but they really are no different:

• N.drew
    N.drew

Oh stop. The wars of Jehovah I am defending. Yes, I am referring to ancient examples of wars fought by The True God. Not any other war.

• watersprout
    watersprout

You know what's funny?? Well I think it's funny... It's how athiests get their knickers in a twist over a God (that I admit) the Jews made up to scare their enemies! I don't believe in that God and so do many on here... It's you (yes, you know who you are) that get all worked up over a GOD that doesn't exist! Put that energy to better use! Not many care about the OT God cause He was made up! Us Christians never mention Him, so why do you athiests get soo worked up over Him??

Peace

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't have photos of the children in the Bible who were killed or the little girls who watched their parents being killed then were raped repeatedly to multiply the offspring of the worshippers of Yahweh.

Same difference.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

NDrew - I'll give him 6 days...

• N.drew
    N.drew

him? Raped women in the bible? Should I read my Bible over again? I should. You mean taken women? Now your arguing both sides. The women who remained after the Wars of Jehovah were fought were taken from what? Nothingness? But to satisfy your swiss cheese logic, they should have been killed with the rest of them that were killed because their goal was Earth for Baal? Doesn't that cause headache?

• watersprout
    watersprout

You are blaming God for all these atrocities but it was MAN that commited them! MAN is responsible, not a God that was made up by the Jews! When will you people get it into your skulls!!!!!!!!

The TRUE God is NO PART of this world!

Peace

• poopsiecakes
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Original topic - maybe God is bound by rules and isn't allowed to intervene (rainbow covenant)?

Maybe he shocked himself the last time he got upset and killed everything in the flood and decided that he'd save his next intervention for the blood bath at the end?

Maybe God has to look after other worlds.

Maybe Satan is winning and God is on the ropes (always struck me as odd to have a war in heaven against an all powerful being unless their was a chance of winning!)

Maybe God is outside the universe and powerless to interact within it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit