An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• still thinking
    still thinking

Didn't he warn us in the bible that there would be earthquakes...etc?...didn't he warn us about the flood?

According to the bible...HE warns....HE does

• tec
    tec

Great comment, cantleave! Definitely something everyone can identify with, given the whole healthcare debate happening south of me. If indeed, doctors have a moral responsibility for providing care if they have the power to do so, all the more for an all powerful being

who can eradicate all sickness and catastrophe.

A great comment... IF... faith was the payment, and not the 'medicine'. Even a doctor can't heal you if you don't take the medicine you need; or get the rest he tells you to get; or whatever.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Still, if I warn my children to get into the basement because a tornado is coming, it does not mean that I sent the tornado to them.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking
    My answer is still the same. I'm not sure why you think it would be different with the addition of the full quote?

Because first you were referring to God...then YOU changed it to christ. ...and you still haven't answered...how do you know that? You stated it as a fact.

He did not sent a tsunami to kill people..tec
  • still thinking
    still thinking

Didn't he warn them, then send a flood?

How can that be compared to a parent warning a child?

Unless you are saying to your child...do as I say...or I will kill you....then I suppose you could have a point.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

*head banged out of love and a wee bit of frustration*

• tec
    tec

Ah. I see what you are not understanding about my faith. I know God BY knowing Christ. I see God BY seeing Christ. So if I am uncertain about something about God... then I look at Christ to understand the truth about God, in any matter.

Do you understand what I am saying?

Peace,

tammy

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bu saying faith is a neccessity you are in effect reflecting the JW mentality, that most of the world's population are not deserving.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think I have a fair understanding of your faith now tec...it truly is faith...based on.......

• tec
    tec

Didn't he warn them, then send a flood?

Ah... if he did send a literal flood, then yes he both sent it AND warned that he was sending it. Or perhaps the people attributed it to Him sending it, when He was just warning them of something that was coming? Or perhaps it was the only way to end a greater evil? I do not know for certain. So again, I look to Christ.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit